The Throne Room

Daemon sits on the Iron throne holding two Valerion Steel necklaces in his hands. One with a red ruby while the other holds a black diamond. He looks at the one with the black diamond sadly knowing his wife, his love, his life will never forgive him.

They put up a mask with the others in court. A mask of a happy marriage, in some parts they are happy. They might not be in love each other-on Rhyaella's side anyway. Daemon still very much loves his wife. But they love each other and support each other. They talk to each other about their goals and interests, they break their fast and have dinner with each other every day. But they never kiss or touch each other in a romantic way anymore.

Rhyaella says that if he needs a release then he can go to the Street of Silk, like he did when they found they would never have another child.

Daemon looks up as his niece and Ser Harold walk into the throne room. Daemon quickly puts the black diamond into his pocket before putting up his smug mask.

'What do you think you are doing, Uncle?' Rhaenyra asks him in High Valerion as she walks towards him.

'Sitting' he replies 'This will be my chair one day'

'Not if you are executed for treason' Rhaenyra replies 'You have not come to court for an age. My Aunt and cousins have missed you'

'Court is so dreadfully boring' Daemon replies

'Then why come back at all?'

'I heard your father was hosting a tournament in my honour'

'It is for his heir'

Daemon leans forwards 'Just as I said'

'His new heir'

'Until your mother brings forth a son' Daemon says as he stands and walks down to Rhaenyra who stands at the bottom of the Iron Throne. 'You are all cursed with me'

'Then I shall hope for a brother'

Daemon smiles as he stands before her and looks down. 'I brought you something' he says in english and holds out the necklace. 'Do you know what it is?'

Rhaenyra holds it in her hands as she examines it as she nods 'It is Valerion steel, like Dark Sister'

Daemon snatches the necklace back with a clench of his fist 'Turn around' he says.

Rhaenyra slowly turns as she pulls her hair out of the way and takes of her gold necklace which sits around her neck. Daemon slowly puts the necklace around her neck and clasps it

'Now you and I both own a small piece of our ancestry'

He steps back as Rhaenyra turns around. He looks her over before saying in High Valerion 'Beautiful'

'Don't let my Aunt hear you say that'

Daemon chuckles as he glances down at his feet before looking up at Rhaenyra who is watching him with a small smile on her face.

'Where is my wife?'

'I left her in the library. She could be there for days'

'Aye, my wife does love to read'

Daemon kisses Rhaenyra on the forehead before walking out of the great hall towards the library a hand on the necklace in his pocket.

Rhyaella sits in the library reading a book as she sketches into the smaller book beside her drawing a picture of her parents with a babe in their arms as they smile out towards her. She jumps as Daemon puts the necklace down onto the book in front of her.

Rhyaella looks at Daemon who looks back at her as he sits down into the chair beside her before looking back at the necklace on the book in front of her.

'Daemon...' she trails off before picking the necklace and looking at it more closely before looking at him in shock. 'You found it?'

'I found it' Daemon smiles as Rhyaella launches herself into his arms before pulling back and kissing his cheek as she looks back down at the necklace in her hands.

'Thank you, you have no idea how much I am thankful for this' Rhyaella smiles as she clasps the necklace around her neck playing with the pendent just like her mother had done when she was young.