I park my motorcycle next to Daryl's, realizing he had somehow returned before me; though, I did stay longer than I originally intended to spend time with and talk to Charlee and Wren for several hours. I hate being away from my friends. Charlee decided she wanted to come with me back to the sanctuary after hearing the night I endured with Daryl and his wrath; I also came clean about my sighting of Owen a year ago. With Tori promising that she and Wren have it covered with the twins, reminding me that she did raise five boys close in age, I reluctantly agree. Before taking our leave, I made sure to drop in on Negan's cell. I kept my findings inside his office to myself, but I'm able to see him in a new light. I apologized for my outburst the last time I had visited him, and mentioned my suspicions about Owen lurking around. He seemed unsurprised by my interaction with Justin, just warning me to keep an eye out. He was nice enough to offer up a list of people to watch more carefully. I took it graciously.

Charlee still isn't a fan of Negan. She watched our interaction through narrowed, weary eyes. She still blames him for her brothers demise. I can't say I blame her; she's always been notorious for holding tight onto a grudge. Though, she understands why I shown him mercy.

When realizing I wasn't alone, Negan observed her with the same weariness I could tell she was feeling. This is the first time they've been personally introduced. I spot some recognition in his eyes when his gaze finds her. He's seen her fight at my side, but his face twists in regret when learning that Kelly was her twin. From my understanding, she threatened Owen when Jordan's life was cut short. I vaguely remember Negan was speaking with her when he returned me to Alexandria after Owen's attack. She declined his apology for his hand in Kelly's death. He accepted it without an argument. 

When leaving his cell, Charlee asked me how I could befriend the man who killed so many of us; my only response was that I can see a lot of myself in him. We were the villains in his story while he was ours. She accepted my answer, though, not liking it.

We walk into the sanctuary side by side as voices raise with praise. Charlee glances in my direction curiously. I shrug, unsure of what's going on. But within seconds, I spot Rick in a crowd of saviors, speaking amongst them. Ah, that makes sense. They prefer Rick and Daryl over me, but I killed some of these people in cold blood when I crashed through the doors after Kelly and Carl died. I can't blame them.

Daryl's gruff tone reaches my ears as he commands Justin to clean up a mess. I grab Charlee's shoulder, seeing words painted along the wall; we are still Negan. I scoff, shaking my head.

"Is that normal?" She whispers into my ear. I shrug my shoulders when I bring my eyes to meet hers. When taking over leadership at my husbands side, I expected some dissent growing with the saviors that are still loyal to Negan's rule. Daryl and I have to beat one back almost daily.

"Welcome back Warrior Dixon." Jerry grins, embracing me in his arms, "everything went well in your absence." His gaze finds Charlee, "hello Charlee."

Charlee smiles warmly at the bigger man, "hello Jerry."

Michonne stalks up to me, wrapping her arms around my shoulders, bringing me in for a quick hug. "About time you joined us, Vanessa. We missed you out there."

I wince, "yeah, sorry. Motherhood comes first now, Mich. I had to take the twins back to Alexandria so I can join you guys in the field. How did it go?"

"I understand." Her dark face twists in pain, "we lost someone out there." I purse my lips at the news, casting my eyes down, feeling the sadness gliding along my flesh. "How are they doing?" She inquiries. "You look great."

"Good. Stubborn as hell; but I think that's the Dixon blood talking."

Charlee chuckles, "you keep saying that, but I'm pretty sure that's all their mother."