Chapter 1 - Sophie

April's POV

"Come on please, you have to come. I don't want to go to another party by myself" my best friend Bella said.

"No absolutely not. You know how much I hate parties" I say stubbornly.

It was barely the first day back at school and Bella already had our year of parties to attend planned out (not that I would be going to many of them, if any). She had a reputation for being a 'party animal' and all the guys knew it but even if she got drunk she wasn't easy to get in bed with. So most of the guys would sweet talk her first but that rarely worked. There was one guy however that always seemed to be able to get her there though... Christian Grove, the second most popular boy in school next to his best mate Logan Ellis.

"Why April? Why not? Just be a rebel child like me for once. Logan Ellis is going to be there" Bella pleaded trying to play the 'Logan card.'

"No, I don't want anything to do with parties especially if Logan Ellis is going to be there with his stupid mates."

"Hey babe, looking fine today" Christian said walking up to Bella and placing his arm around her.

"Hey, yourself" she says shooting me a look to see if I would be alright if she left with him.

"Go" I say "I'll be fine"

"Thanks, you're the best April" she says waving a hand goodbye as she walked hand in hand with Christian.

Logan's POV

I watch Christian walk up to his new girlfriend Bella and her best friend April and couldn't help but notice that April looked amazing today. Though no matter how much I wished that she could be mine. I knew that she would get abused and harassed by the other girls and be constantly bitched about behind her back. If only I had the courage to talk to her in public and not just when our parents where catching up.

She glances up at me and softly smiles knowing why I can't talk to her and why I wouldn't risk her being seen near me. I just wish that she would go to one of the parties that are being thrown this year so that I could actually talk to her in public and if worse comes to worse I could just say that I was absolutely hammered and had no idea, I was talking to her.

"Hey Logan" my girlfriend Sophie called out walking up to me with her blonde dead straight hair flowing behind her and planting a kiss on my lips, before pulling back and looking me in the eyes.

"Hey babe, how you doing?" I say.

"Fine baby, but I'd be better if you'd kiss me properly" she said slamming her lips onto mine this time.

I kissed her back but only to give her what she wanted.

"Yeah Logan" I heard Christian shout as he came towards us.

"Shut up Christian. At least I don't fuck my girlfriend whilst drunk" I shot back at him.

"Yeah but you don't fuck her at all either so who's the real man here?" he said making the words 'real man here' as sharp as possible.

"Hey Bella" I say finally acknowledging her.

"Hey asshole" she said still hating me for the way I treat April in public.

April's POV

I see Sophie and Logan making out by his locker like normal and watch Bella call Logan a dick or an asshole again. She really does hate him but only in public because of the way he treats me; her best friend.

Maybe I should go to one of those parties and see if I can pull off that lifestyle without making a huge mess of myself. 'If Bella can do it then so can I' I say to myself just as the bell signals for us to go to your first class.

-

As the last bell rings signalling the end of school, I take my time to get to my locker. Everyone always seems to be in a rush to get out of school but I prefer to take my time, mainly so I don't have to deal with all the people crowding the corridors. Logan was meant to be coming to my house tonight, so we'd organised that he'd take Sophie home first than come back to school and pick me up before heading to my house.

As I headed out towards the front of the school, Logan was already waiting for me. "Wow could you be any slower" he shouts.

"Well I was assuming that Sophie would have her tongue stuck down your throat and I didn't really want to be sending you a text telling you to hurry up, when you were with your girlfriend" I say back, sliding into the front sit of his car.

"Well it would make a fantastic argument. One that I definitely wouldn't miss" he says.

"You and Sophie been arguing a lot at the moment?" I question.

"Yeah, why?"

"Well you too always seem to be happy together at school, but what would I know I'm just the school's dork."

"You're not a dork. You're amazing and you shouldn't think down on yourself" he says, trying to hide a slight blush forming on his cheeks.