|CHAPTER FIFTEEN|

*DAVE'S POV*
"I really can't believe I'm spending Christmas with your family instead of my own this year."

I informed Star as we landed from our flight.

It turns out that Star's mom and aunt decided to take a trip out to Colorado Springs for Christmas time.

I guess they wanted the feel of a real winter wonderland type shit, including the cozy cabins.

Cyn and Shooter went back to New York to spend the two weeks with their families.

"I know, me either. I hope your mom won't be mad at me or anything. Or any of your family in that matter."

"Nah, ma. You're valid. They'll be okay. Especially my mom, she understands that I'm seeing someone new, and that this is a new thing for me. She's so happy, she's tired of seeing me deal with Millie."

I laughed as I explained my mom's reaction to Star.

It's true.

At first, my mom had a liking for Millie.

But now, it's far from that.

Especially now that she knows she's trying to keep Kobi and Kairi away from me just because I don't wanna be with her.

Manipulating ass bitch.

I still can't believe that shit.

"Your mom seems so funny and sweet. I can't wait til I meet her."

"Speaking of meeting my moms, you don't think it's too soon with meeting yours? What if your mom thinks that?"

"She won't. As you already seen, Tory wasn't the easiest to deal with, either. You'll be such a breath of fresh air for her."

"Damn. Crazy how both of our exes are crazy as shit, and we were brought to each other in the end."

"Facts. Wait, baby... are you nervous to meet my mom?"

Star looked at me, noticing the look on my face.

I do admit, I AM nervous.

This is the first time in over two decades that I'm meeting someone else's family besides Millie's.

That just proves how long I've been dealing with Millie's bullshit.

"Yeah, I ain't even gon hold you, ma. You're the first girl I've dealt with after having to deal with Millie for so long. Over two decades, to be specific with chu."

"There's no need to worry, baby. I already told my mom so much about you, and she actually can't wait to meet you. And we're not even staying here for the whole two weeks. We're only staying a week, then we're meeting up with my best friend in Jahron in Canada. He's with his family there over Christmas, and he really wanted to see me."

"Cyn coming along too?"

"Duh! Jahron is both of our best friends. What would it look like if she didn't come? But, I'm bringing you to meet him, too. Shooter can come along if he wants to."