Nine

After staying in the hospital for three days after returning from my rescue mission, I was put on bed rest for 3 days once I got home and Voight gave Adam, three days off work to help look after me and basically stop me from doing anything stupid such as trying to go to work and chase down wanted criminals. I've also had it drilled into me that I'm going to be on desk duty for two weeks once I return but I'm not fussed about that. 

During the three days that Adam had off, we discussed some wedding plans. We've both agreed that we didn't want anything too big or too fancy. We just wanted something simple. Adam was sitting at the dining table in front of the laptop looking at different venues and writing the numbers down so that I could call them, to see if they had space for use. But we wanted to get married within a few weeks of my release from the hospital. 

"Yeah, thanks. Bye," I said, hanging up the phone before turning to Adam. 

"That's another venue that doesn't have availability for us! What are we going to do Adam? We have nowhere for our wedding" I said tiredly as Adam grabbed my hand. 

"I know this might not be part of our plan but why don't we go down to the court house tomorrow morning before work and get married and we can have a party at Molly's that evening to celebrate with our very special family," Adam said to me softly which made me smile. 

"Let's do it. I want to be Mrs Lilah Ruzek. I've been waiting for so long now. I want to be Lilah Ruzek for the rest of my life and when we get to work tomorrow morning, no one is going to suspect a thing" I told my soon be husband excitedly. 

With that, Adam got up out of his seat and pull me up out of mine then wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close to him causing me to tilt my head back to look up at him with a smile. Adam then leaned down to place his lips on mine. The kiss started out as soft but sweet but then it became more passionate. Adam then picks me up and I wrap my legs around his waist, as he carries me to our bedroom. Once we reached the bedroom, Adam place me on the bed and climbed on top of me, without breaking the passionate kiss. We both spend the next couple of hours of making hot passionate love to each other. After our very hot and sweaty make out session, I'm laying my head on Adam's chest with him running his hand through as I slowly drift off to sleep. I feel Adam place a kiss on the top of my head before continuing tof run his hand through my hair. 

After getting a couple of hours sleep, I roll over to my bedside table to see what the time was but I realise that I left my phone in the kitchen, so I slowly climb out of bed, grab one of Adam's checkered shirts put on and head down the hall to the kitchen. 

When I get to the kitchen, I wnet straight to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water because I started to feel really thirsty but then I hear my phone buzzing on the counter and I look down at the caller ID and see that it was Jay.

Lilah: Jay, you calling me at 2am, what do you want?

Jay: We have a case.

Lilah: You do realise, that I can't be in the field for this case and Adam can't either because he is still on leave to look after me. I'll happily look over the paperwork when I'm sat at my desk in the morning 

Jay: Oh yeah

Lilah: You are so dumb Jay.

Jay: I'll see you at the district in the morning.

Lilah: Bye Jay

Jay: Bye Lil

I hang up the phone and walk out of the kitchen and head into the living room and I sit on the couch, pondering about with my thoughts about getting married to Adam. In the days that I've been resting, Adam and I have gone out and got our rings, ready in case we did decide to get married at the court house, which we now have decided to do. 

A smile appears on my face with happiness and joy, that in the upcoming days, I'm going to be a married woman. Married to my best friend. The love of my life that I've been with for the past 10 years. 

To becoming Mrs Lilah Ruzek!!!

Sorry I've not posted in a while, I have been busy with work and my shifts have not been finishing to late but hopefully I can get in a regular pattern for posting. If I can't, I'm sorry!