One

Before we start, let me introduce myself,

Hi, my name is Lieutenant Commander Lilah Halstead, the younger sister of Jay and Will Halstead and Adam Ruzek's girlfriend of 9 years. My brothers don't even know that I have a boyfriend and it'll be a shock to the system when they find out. 

When I joined the Navy, I immediately went into the SEALS, I was the only female in the SEALS and I was the only one that was determined to go on and be the best. When training in the SEALS, I was trained under Steve McGarrett, and let me tell you, I was the only one that actually listened to every word he actually said and he told me that I was going to have a successful career in the Navy and that I did. 

When I decided to leave the Navy, I contacted Steve to let him know what I decided to do and he understood my decision. Steve left the Navy 5 years ago and now runs his own task force in Hawaii known as Five-O. Steve tried to recruit me for his team but I told him I'd rather be in Chicago but I'll come and visit him. 

Home! I'm finally home from my last deployment with the Navy SEALS. After 9 years, it was time for me to come home permanently. I missed being at home. Being with my two older brothers, one who is a cop and the other whose a doctor. Also missed being with my boyfriend of 9 years, he's also a cop. Both my brother and boyfriend work in the CPD's Intelligence unit, which is where I start on Monday morning. 

I've been away from home on my last tour for the past 18 months. But during my career, I have excelled through different ranks and the rank I'm leaving the Navy in is Lieutenant Commander. I have got to say, I am proud of how far I've come and I've enjoyed every minute of serving my country but now it's time for me to serve my hometown of Chicago, as a detective. 

My brothers Jay and Will, don't know that I'm coming home. Nor does my boyfriend Adam, so it's going to be a nice surprise for them. As well as most of my friends from Firehouse 51, who I haven't seen or really spoken to since the last time I was at home. The only person who knows that I'm coming home from my deployment is Hank Voight, who is picking me up from Chicago O'Hare Airport and dropping me off at my apartment. 

Arriving back in Chicago, it felt weird but also a sense of relief to be back home. Grabbing my bag from the baggage reclaim and heading through to arrivals, I could instantly see Voight standing there waiting to greet me. 

"Hi Hank, you alright?" I asked greeting him with a hug 

"Lilah, it's good to see you. How are you?" Hank said in his usual gruff voice and then taking my bag from me 

"I'm alright. It's good to be home. I've missed being in Chicago. I've missed my brothers and boyfriend" I replied to the Sergeant 

"Well, they are going to be at Molly's tonight, so you can surprise everyone. Plus it's karaoke night tonight, which I know you like" Hank told me as we walked out of the terminal towards his SUV.

Getting into the SUV and heading for the centre of Chicago, my mind was finally at ease, it can finally rest because I can now be around my loved ones more often rather than spend a year to two years apart. I lived with Adam. Have been since my 3rd tour of the Middle East and I can't wait to be in my own bed tonight. Cuddling up to my boyfriend, listening to his heartbeat because for the last 18 months, I have been hearing the constant loud snoring of my fellow Navy SEALS and people walking around the ship. 

Hank was telling me, that he was looking forward to having me working in the unit. Even though, he has the rule of 'no in house relationships', he has made the exception for me and Adam, which I'm pleased about. 

Pulling up outside mine and Adam's apartment complex, just looking out the window at the building. Nothing has changed in the last year and a half. Getting out of the SUV and Hank getting my rather large duffle bag out of the trunk of the car, I just stand there placing my hands on my hips, just taking in my new but familiar surroundings. 

"Thanks for the ride, Hank. Much appreciated" I said to Voight 

"You are more than welcome and welcome home Lilah. Chicago has missed you" Voight replied 

Hank gave me another hug before getting back into his SUV and driving off down the street. I got my keys out of my bag and headed up the steps into the apartment complex. Walking into the elevator and took it to the 3rd floor and before I knew it, the elevator came to a stop and I walked out and within a few steps, I came to a stop and just looked at the front door of my apartment before putting the key in the lock and opening the door and the first thing that I see, is a photo of me and Adam the day I graduated for basic Naval training, which made me smile. Nothing has changed since the last time I was home. Closing the door to the apartment, I take  my bag off my back, dumping it on the floor. I slowly walk around the apartment and just take it all in before letting out a long breath and then closing my eyes. 

I was finally home. 

Home Sweet Home in the Windy City!