Eight

Jay's Pov

Five days since Lilah left and not a peep from her. What if she's hurt or worse? What if she's dead? My head is going a million miles an hour, wondering why Lilah dropped everything to go and help find her old Lieutenant Commander. Lilah would drop everything for her family and friends to go and help them in their hour of need because that's who she is. Adam is worried out of his mind about his fiancée. He's currently pacing around the breakroom, with worry and probably fearing the worse. He loves my sister and I can't blame him for worrying. We had to put the search for Lilah on the back burner due to a severe drug case that we needed to solve but we can search for Lilah in our own time. 

I see Adam walking out of the breakroom and making a beeline for his desk. He sits down and stares at a photo on his. I could see that he is devastated by not having Lilah present with him. I get up out of my chair and wheel it next to his desk and sit down. 

"Adam, you alright?" I asked my soon to be brother in law

"I miss her Jay. I just want my girl back" he responded in a broken voice 

"I miss her too Adam. She'll be home soon. I just know it" I told him and then I look at the photo he was looking at on his desk. 

"That's a brilliant photo," I told him 

"It is. It was taken during my first attempt at the police academy. Me and your sister became the best of friends on the very first day and we've been inseparable ever since. Even when she was in the Navy, we spoke to each other when we could but we've been through so much together and I can't wait until she's my wife. I just hope she's home soon bro" Adam told me 

"I hope she's home soon too bro," I said to him and placed my hand on his shoulder before getting up out of my chair and wheeling it back over to my desk, to start filling out the paperwork for the drugs case. 

Lilah's Pov

Slight trigger warning ⚠️

It's day five in Korea and we're literally one step closer to getting Steve. Every so often, my mind keeps flicking back to family in Chicago and what they think about my drastic movement to come and help a close friend of mine who is in need. At the moment me and the rest of the Five-O team are in the middle of the jungle when I see a bunker up ahead and I then turn to the rest of the group. 

"Guy's I've found a bunker. There is the possibility of Steve being held in here. I need you all to be one hundred per cent alert. Be extra vigilant and have a gun in your hand at all times and be prepared to fight with a gun and with your fists. Now let's make a move and get the Commander back because we are all going home. We're not leaving one of our own behind" I told the team. 

"Yes Lieutenant," they all said in unison and we all made our way into the bunker.

 At almost every corner, there was a guard with a gun and I shot them as they were aiming their guns at me. Being a Navy SEAL makes you extremely vigilant about every situation that you are in. We all went down separate pathways to find which possible room Steve could be in. All of a sudden I hear a gunshot. Not from in front of me but from behind me and then there was an immense pain shooting through my left shoulder but I wasn't going to let that bother me at all. I turn around to see the guy that shot me. He was about to shoot me again but I got to him first and shot him in the chest and instantly he fell to the ground. 

As I keep walking through the hallways of the bunker, I kept hitting dead ends in each room that I search and then I hear Danny's voice shouting, so I run in the direction of the voice and when I get to the room, I see Danny at Steve's side and Steve's alive, causing me to let out a sigh of relief. I drop my long gun and crouch down to Steve's side.