27: See What You Did?

Start from the beginning

It started off small at first. So small I didn't even notice. A metallic taste filled my mouth as I turned to leave, and soon after I had begun to cough, before it splattered across the clothes I had changed into. My head, which had for so long been clear of the voices that once haunted it, was consumed once again. The sounds of the dead that I often had under control began to play in my mind as if they were created with the intention to drive me insane.

Blurriness was all that could be seen. Distant objects were not visible, and a soft ringing accompanied those of the dead. It started small, before it began to feel like my mind was torturing itself mercilessly. A punishment, I knew. Using the magic of others, especially of the dead, had grave consequences when you no longer had any of your own.

Through the haziness of my mind and the tears of pain, my memory grew foggy as I made my way towards the bathroom. It was not far from where I had met both Damon and Stefan, so the journey was not as long as I thought, despite it feeling as though it had taken hours.

Leaning on the edge of the sink, I used it to lift myself up, and in good time too since the blood began to pour in the sink. I coughed, trying to breathe, all whilst trying to ward off the piercing headache and the voices.

"Get out of my head," I whispered, harshly, crying with anger and pain, though I knew I had no commandment over the dead. I ran my hands through my hair repeatedly, and tried to find comfort by rocking back and forth, but they did not yield.

ʰᵃⁿᵍ ᵗʰᵉ ʷⁱᵗᶜʰ! 𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚕𝚢, 𝚠𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚞𝚙 𝔜𝔬𝔲'𝔯𝔢 𝔞 𝔪𝔬𝔫𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔯
𝕃𝕠𝕠𝕜 𝕒𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕞𝕪 𝕔𝕙𝕚𝕝𝕕𝕣𝕖𝕟, 𝕡𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕖, 𝕀 𝕓𝕖𝕘 𝕠𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦
ᵐᵒⁿˢᵗᵉʳˢ ʳᵒᵃᵐ ᵗʰᵉ ⁿⁱᵍʰᵗ 𝙄 𝙙𝙞𝙙 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙤𝙬𝙣
𝔜𝔬𝔲'𝔯𝔢 𝔬𝔫𝔢 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔪
ꪻꫝꫀ ᧁﺃꪶ᥇ꫀ᥅ꪻ ᥅ﺃꪀᧁ, ꪻꫝꪮꪊᧁꫝ ᜣꪮ᭙ꫀ᥅ᠻꪊꪶ, ꫝꪖᦓ ᥴꪮꪀᦓꫀꪇꪊꫀꪀᥴꫀᦓ. 𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴 for 𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝓃𝒶𝓉𝓊𝓇ℯ Tʜᴇ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇs ᴀʀᴇɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀs ᴛᴏ ʜᴇᴀʀ
I curse your name forever
𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐌𝐘 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐍 ᵗʰᵉʸ ʷᵉʳᵉ ⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ ʸᵒᵘʳˢ
𝐺𝑒𝑡 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑜𝑢𝑟 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑠
𝘉𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦, 𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘭𝘺

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD!"

The mirrors shattered.

Some were large pieces, others were small, but every one of them shattered, and I hid underneath the sink, barely registering the pain of a few of them piercing my skin.

I felt helpless.

Helplessness, as a witch, is something incredibly difficult to feel, but in that moment I was consumed by it. There was something on my heart weighing me down and as much as I tried to get rid of it, it clung on tighter, never letting go. Something had to be a substitute for the magic I had lost, and in my case it was pain.

I tucked my knees up to my chest and buried my face in my arms, wishing for them to leave me alone.

"Eva," a soft voice stood out amongst the others, ultimately silencing them, but I glared at my hands, which were covered in blood.

"Yeah?" my voice broke.

"You've been using too much magic."

I almost laughed.