9

"𝚠𝚎'𝚛𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚘
𝚠𝚎 𝚞𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎"

"𝚠𝚎'𝚛𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚘𝚠𝚎 𝚞𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎"

💗chapter 9:protect you💗

We spent days without saying anything to each other. Not a single word. Not even a glimpse of each other. Izana tried to talk to me, but I was so sick of excuses. I have no heart to give, or emotion to express.

Izana stood by my side wherever we got, this was his job after all. But I wish I can turn back time and be happy around him again. I feel like he's around me, not because he wants to be, but because he'll get paid for it.

Every time, when I look at him I see sadness and guilt written on his face. But it's how it works. When you're guilty you gotta take some responsibility for your actions. But why..why do I feel guiltier than him now?

Another day, another shitty feeling, that I have to go through. Today is kind of a different day for me. As a Queen I gotta talk with my people, so today we are visiting a children's hospital for kids without parents. I feel bad already, these kids are so unfortunate and so alone. It makes me appreciate my life more.

Children are really sweet thing, but I would never produce a child on my own. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that having a kid is a bad thing, I just think I'm not a good enough role model to raise a child. Like look at me right now, I can't even talk to the man I'm surely attracted to, because I'm supposed to be mad at him, but at the same time I wanna kiss him.

I don't know what I want. But I know what I can have and that I'm losing it. Izana is now by my side, I can just grab his face and kiss him, but why is my pride bigger? Why can't I close my eyes one more time and just live in the moment like I did that day at the island?

"Your highness", Kokonoi knocks on my door and slightly opens it to face me, "the kids are expecting you", he said.

"Tell the driver to start the car, I'll be there in 5 minutes", I took my cloak in my hand.

"Yes, my Queen".

I put my heels on and I put my cloak on to keep me warm. Today was especially cold, which was kinda normal for this time of the year. I step my foot out of my room and the first thing I see is Izana standing in front of my room with his uniform on and his hair fixed. He was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed expecting me.

I walk past him with my head high trying to look more confident, but deep inside I was struggling. I could hear his steps behind me and it made my hands shake. The front gate was wide open in front of me and I walk out the castle. I turned for a moment to see, if Izana was still behind, but the moment my back was unprotected, an arrow flew next to my face almost ripping my head in two.

I got scared and I turned around immediately to see a man dressed in black with a hood on in the distance preparing another arrow for me. I wanted to walk back, but I was so scared so I just stood there praying for my life. The minute the arrow flew to me, Izana pushed me back and caught the arrow in his hand. The wooden arrow got stuck in his skin and his hand started bleeding badly, but he didn't stop.

"Tell the guards to announce emergency in the castle", Izana turned to the head captain of our guards and his blood was dripping all over his shoes, "I'll keep the Queen safe".

The head captain nodded his head and he put the emergency alarm on. Every guards in the castle gathered in front of the gate trying to find my attacker. Izana came to me and he picks me up bridal style, his bloody hand on my back leaving a stain. I wrap my arms around his neck as he ran back to my room to secure me. I heard the sounds of swords outside till we were far enough from the scene.

Izana successfully took me to my room and lock the doors, and the windows. His arm was bleeding really bad and I could see the pain on his face. He fell on my floor and held his hand close to his chest. I fell on my knees in front of him and took his hand.

"I'm okay", he said and looked at me, "hide under the bed and don't go out, until it's safe enough", Izana explained to me.

"Izana, you're bleeding really bad. We gotta bring you to the hospital", I told him.

"I'm okay, my Queen".

(𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚎𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝) I was holding his hand in mine. The blood dripping all over the bottom of my dress, but I didn't care. We were staring at each other, nobody saying a word to the other. Suddenly I squeezed his hand in mine. It was hurting him, but he didn't say anything to me.

"Why didn't you came sooner?", I finally ask him and his move down from me to the hand.

"I had no choice", he let out a sigh, "I had to stay away from you for awhile. But I couldn't hold it anymore. When I heard, that you got married...I had to come back".

"You idiot", I stood up, "do you know how much I missed you? I was worried sick for you, and when you didn't return I...", I paused.

"You thought I was dead", he continued for me and looked at me again. Then he stood up and walked up to me, put his hand on my cheek and wiped my tears away, "I'm okay".

"I didn't know that...", I sobbed.

"I had to go through some things, but I'm here for you now. And I'll protect you with my life, as I should've did back then".

We got closer to each other. It was only one breath between us. His eyes on mine. His hand on my face, the bloody one next to his body still bleeding badly.

"I wanted you to fall in love with me", he said almost whispering to me, "but the truth is, that I fell in love with you first. The moment, when I first saw you. I'm head over heels for you".

"Gosh, I love you too", I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and I pressed my lips on his.

At first Izana was hesitating, but then he gave up to the feeling and kissed me back. He wrap his healthy hand around my waist and picks me up with one hand, then drops me on the bed. I was under him, we never broke the kiss.

His blood all over my white sheets, but I didn't care at all. I continued to kiss him and slowly removing the belts around his shoulders, then the black shirt. He started untie my corset to undress me. Izana's lips move from my lips to my neck and a soft moan escaped my mouth.

"I missed this feeling", he said to me and continued to kiss me passionately.

His hand travelled down to my tights, but just as we were getting steamy we heard a loud bang from the end the corridor. It sounded like a gun shot. Izana quickly stood up and put back his clothes. I fixed my corset too. He grabs his sword from the floor and looks at me one last time with a smile on his face.

"I'll be back", he said to me and left my room to go and take care of the intruders.

UNEDITED

A/n-I'm kinda late with this part, sorry 😅