8

"𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝙰𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚕, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒'𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚞𝚛𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚕𝚍
𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞"

"𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝙰𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚕, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒'𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚞𝚛𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚕𝚍𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞"

💗chapter 8:where have you been?💗

On the next morning, when I woke up, Levi was already gone for his next trip. I got up from our bed and I let out maids fix it. I walk to the bathroom and I wash my face. Today I felt like looking extra pretty.

I brush my hair and I put in into a nice bun, then I pick the nicest pink dress I had and a little bit of lipstick to make my lips look more kissable. I don't know where this desire of mine to look good today came from. But I sure knew the reason why. It had a name.

After I was done I walk out of my bedroom and I walk down the hall to the kitchen to have some breakfast. As I was walking I saw the wide open door of Izana's room. I took a quick look through the little crack and I saw him laying on his couch. No shirt on, no pants on, his hair was messy and he looked freshly waken up.

 No shirt on, no pants on, his hair was messy and he looked freshly waken up

I knock on his door and I see him jumping on his feet immediately. I open the door and his face changes from excited to 'oh..it's you' type of face. Like he was annoyed to see me.

"Good morning", I greeted him.

"Good morning, my Queen", he bows to me so formally and I can't stand it. Why was he acting the way he was? What was my fault in all of this?

"Are you ready to start the day? We have a lot to do today, Izana", I told him.

"I am", he simply told me and turned his back at me to grab his uniform, which was consistent of black pants, tight black shirt with long sleeves, that was complimenting his figure and brown belts around the chest and shoulders, just like Levi's.

I stood there watching him as he was dressing up and the anger I was holding for so long was fighting me to get out. Why is he acting like I left him a year ago? I clinched my fists and I walk up to him. I tap on his shoulder and Izana turns to me, but before he could ask me what's wrong I slapped him across the face. Hard.

I send him flying just like Sakura makes Naruto spin, when she slaps him. Izana fell on the ground and looked up at me, then put his hand on his cheek.

"What was that for?", he yelled at me.

"WHAT was that for?", I repeated his question and yelled back at him, "you have the audacity to ask me this, even tho you know damn well what you did, Izana! And you're acting like it's my fault, but it's not. It's entirely yours!".

"Wow, wow", he quickly stood up, "calm down a little bit, my Queen".

"And stop calling me that! You're acting like we have no history, stop it!".

"You're married now, I can't just kiss you and call you 'my lady'. You're married to the scariest man alive!", he held my hand to calm me down a little bit, "and I had a reason to stay abroad longer than six months".

"Tell me what is it".

Izana let out a sigh, not a sigh of relief, or of sadness, it was a sigh of annoyance, which made me even angrier at the moment. I was ready to slap him again, but then he pulled me into a hug and squeezed me tight. I stopped for a moment, when I felt his warmth. I really missed this feeling of safety.

"I'm sorry, y/n", Izana whispered to me, "I know what I said back then and I know, that I didn't keep my promise. But I had no choice".

"Why?", I asked him again, "what made you stay there and not come back to me?", my tears were ready to burst out any moment now.

"Please, don't cry", he pushed me harder to himself and his arms squeezed me even more.

"You hurt me, Kurokawa Izana!", I pushed him back, "I should've known, that you're only playing with me!".

"No, I wasn't..".

"Save it!", I cut him off, "from today you're nobody to me anymore. You're only here to protect me and that's all. I don't wanna hear your explanations. I don't need them".

Izana's pov:

I watched as y/n was leaving my room with the saddest eyes I've ever seen. Those tears were held back for so long and now they have to get out somehow. I can't help, but feel like the biggest asshole on this planet.

I'm sorry, that I can't tell you yet, I thought to myself, while watching her leave me. Trust me, I'm hurting inside too. But all I did..was for her and her own safety. I wish she knew that.

𝙵𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚊𝚐𝚘:

That night, that I was supposed to leave her and just move away, I couldn't do it. I was laying in my crib, peacefully reading a book, when two older and stronger guys burst the door open and point the blades of their swords at me. I jump on my feet trying to keep distance.

"What's up, guys?", I laughed it off, even tho I was shitting bricks at that moment, "how's the boss doing?", I asked casually.

"Don't play dumb, Izana", Kakucho shouts at me and his sword flew to me, but I somehow managed to dodge it, "you know why we're here, don't you, you clown?".

"I'm afraid I'm aware, yes", I look down at the floor, because I knew it might be my final day on this planet, "try to kill me as painless as possible, please".

"We are not going to kill you yet", he said and he came up to me, grabbed me by the throat and squeezed hard, "since the boss has a good hard, he decided to give you another chance to kill the future queen".

"Oh..", for a moment I saw a light. I was about to be saved.

"You have three days to finish the job, or we'll finish you, got it?", Kakucho let go of my neck and I fell on my knees gasping for air.

They let me live that night, but they left me no choice. I knew their boss won't dare to touch y/n alone, or send one of his men after her, cause he was scared he might end up in jail along with them. The only one, who can do this job was me. And I knew, that if I'm gone..y/n will be alive. At least till they catch the boss.

So that's why I forced myself to say goodbye to her and leave. The trip wasn't supposed to be longer than 6 months, but then I got caught stealing in Neapolis and they put me in the army for a couple months.

Extra hard physical training was exactly what I needed to save y/n. After I was sure in my abilities to protect her, I came back.

But it was too late...she was already married to the Humanity's strongest soldier Levi Ackerman. I can't just show up and break her marriage. Plus, she looks happy with him. All I wanted is to be close to her, nothing more. That's why I applied for the job.

Now she hates me and it's all my fault. If I had the chance to tell her everything and still keep my head, I would grab it immediately.

Im sorry, my lady.

UNEDITED