7

"𝙸 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛. 𝙳𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞?"

💗chapter 7:naivety💗

💗chapter 7:naivety💗

That night, in which I was Izana for the last time, I really thought he is going back one day and we'll meet again. I was hoping that till then everything will be over and I'll have him by my side for the rest of my life. How naive.

We spent the night talking about the future. He told me, that he's planning on reconnecting with his family somehow after he finds a place to hide temporarily. I told him, that I'll try and wait for him, but I was still forced to marry.

"Don't worry, my lady, I'll be back in no time and you won't have to worry about a thing in your life anymore", he said to me that night with so much confidence, "I promise".

Now we have the conclusion, that  Kurokawa Izana doesn't know how to keep his promises, even if his life depends on it.

On the next morning I remember watching him get on this ship. He was waving at me with so much excitement and I waved back at him. We were both smiling, even tho something deep inside of me left with him that day. I wasn't the same person, that I used to be. As I watched the ship leave the doc I started counting the days till he gets back.

And they were slowly passing. First it felt like forever, but then the first month passed, and then the second...and then the fifth, and then the sixth. Then a whole year passed and Izana wasn't back. Not even a letter from him.

I spent most of my days wondering where he was now, how he was doing. Then, when the sixth month came I started worrying, if he's alive or not. And after a whole year I finally understood, that he won't be back. He never planned to get back. He never had the slightest intention of coming back here for me. It was all an act. It was never about us..it was about him.

A lot had happened in one year after he left. I married Humanity's strongest soldier. I built my own castle, I meet a lot of people and I finally became a Queen of Astoria. My life was okay. I can't say, that I hate my life now, but it was obvious, that I'm not satisfied. Especially, when it comes to my marriage.

Levi Ackerman. Humanity's strongest soldier and the most feared man alive. Everybody knows who he is and what he's capable of. I myself knew what kind of person he is, when I agreed on marrying him. (𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝙻𝚎𝚟𝚒 𝚜𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚜 𝚊𝚝???).

Levi is not a bad man

Levi is not a bad man. In fact, he's totally different, when he's with me. He tries his best to be gentle and understanding, careful and not too pushy, and honestly I became pretty close with my husband. If I had a choice in my life, I would definitely befriend him.

But being married to the Humanity's strongest soldier also means live most of your life alone and fear for him, if he's going to be okay, or if he's going to be alive. Levi travels a lot, his work requires it, so I'm mostly alone in the castle all by myself. And that's exactly why Levi is so worried for me.

"Y/n, we can't continue this way", my husband told me one night before bed, "you know, that I travel a lot and you're here all by yourself most of the times. As a Queen you're in danger all the time. We gotta hire someone to protect you all the time", he explained to me.

"It's okay, dear, I'll be fine", I told him, but I began worrying too.

After all my guards never caught the man, who send Izana to kill me, which means he's ready to kill me in any time. I had to be more careful now that I'm the queen, a lot of people might try to take my head.

So I eventually agreed on hiring a personal guard for myself, while my husband is working and has to travel. Levi assured me, that he can find the best and most suitable guard for me before his next trip to Aquastina and I left the job to him. I have nothing to worry about.

Days after days my husband and I welcomed so many men into our home to test them and their strength. My husband fought all day. If they can keep up with Humanity's strongest soldier, then they are worthy of protecting his wife.

Somewhere around 4 pm i already got tired of watching men fight in my house, so I excused myself and got to my bedroom. It was a pretty boring day and tomorrow is about to be the same. And every other day, and then my whole life. My destiny is written. I pulled out a book from my library and I laid on my bed to relax.

It was already dark outside, when someone knocked on my door. I put the book to the side and I yelled 'come in' only to see my husband standing on the door with a slight, barely visible smile on his face.

"Oh, are you done, dear?", I slowly got up from the bed and I walk up to my husband, who was covered in dirty and a little bit of blood, "what happened to you, dear?", I asked him.

"Don't mind that, dear", he said with a smile and took my hands in his, "I found the perfect man to protect you, while I'm gone. He is almost as strong as me, fast and smart, and he has perfect fighting skills", Levi explained.

"Oh? And what's his name?".

My husband moved to the side and the light from my room finally lit the corridor. My eyes travel from Levi's feet to the figure standing behind him. Long red pants, red jacket and a pair of earrings. I can't ever forget them. My eyes widen, when I finally saw him.

Izana...

He was standing in front of me leading against the brick wall with his arms crossed. My face frozen in a stoned face with no emotion on it, not a single one. His eyes were pierced in me and he watched me observing carefully. He looked at me like I was the most disgusting creature on the planet and my heart broke into pieces, when his eyes moved away.

"Dear, this is Kurokawa Izana", Levi's voice brought me back to reality and my eyes turn to him, "you don't have to worry about any killers or danger now, my love".

"That's..nice",I said almost out of breath. Levi looked at me with confusion.

He didn't had the time to ask me what's wrong, because Izana finally stepped to me and fell on one knee in front of me bowing his head and I look down at him.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, my Queen. I'll be happy to serve you with my life", Izana said.

Oh my God...

UNEDITED