Introduction

I suppose before I start this story, I should introduce myself. My name is (Y/N). And I am the Daughter of the Dark One, Rumplestilskin. Although, he's not much of a Dark One anymore. You see, he was one of many Villains who were sent to the Isle of the Lost. And there are a lot of Villains here such as Hades, Maleficent, the Evil Queen, and all of the more interesting people. Of course, my father wound up here after being shoved into a portal to come to the world we live in now.

He did everything he could to return to his world only to fail. And this was years before he was put on the Isle. But how did I come into the picture? Truth be told, I don't know. He doesn't talk about it. All I know is that I was born here on the Isle and my mother disappeared. And that's saying a lot since we know everyone on the Isle. My father and I own a pawn shop where people come to get something from us.

And it's not anything magical because magic doesn't work here. But I've always been taught that everything comes at a price. Even magic when I finally get the chance to use it. But that isn't happening anytime soon, that's for sure. But it's not so bad here. Not in my opinion anyway. I was just going back to the shop now. We made a deal with someone a while back and they didn't pay up. Well, I have the payment now. I walked into the shop, the bell ringing as I opened the door. Father looked up to see me walking in.

"Did you get it?" He asked me

"One pendant from the Queen of Hearts," I said holding it up and putting it on the counter.

"Well done, Dearie," he smiled.

I gave a nod and went to do my chores when he stopped me.

"I, uh, actually have some news for you," Dad said making me turn back around.

"You made a deal again, didn't you?" I asked

"No, I didn't. A letter came for you today."

He gave me a letter addressed to me. I took it from him and opened it and read it aloud:

"'His Royal Majesty, Prince Ben of Auradon hereby requests the pleasure of your company, (Y/N) Gold, for the current academic year at Auradon Prep. Please notify His Majesty's couriers of your response to this request. We'd love you to join us at Auradon Prep. Will you come? Signed, Prince Ben.'"

"I already said you could go," Dad said.

"You agreed without telling me?" I asked slightly annoyed at that.

"(Y/N), you deserve so much better than life here on the Isle. Auradon will give you a second chance. Imagine: A warm, comfy bed to sleep on, fresh food to have whenever you want, you can even use magic there. It's a paradise compared to here. And you should go there."

"But what about you? I may never see you again. How will you manage the shop all by yourself? I need to be here with you."

"Dearie, I've taken care of a pawn shop by myself before. I can do it again. I will be fine. All I ask from you is that you write to me so we can keep in touch. Promise?"

I said nothing, walked around the counter, and gave him a hug which he returned while keeping himself upright. I didn't want to leave him, I really didn't. But I see where he's coming from. I could do more for myself in Auradon than I will here. I told him that I promised to write to him as often as I could. He seemed happy with that, let go of me, and told me to pack my things. I nodded and went upstairs to pack the few things that I owned. Including a rare photo of the two of us together. Back when we first opened the shop when I was five.

Someone from Auradon accidentally threw away a polaroid camera so we used it to document that day. Unfortunately, there was only one picture left on the camera so it's the only picture we have of each other. If I can, I'll send dad a copy of this one when I get to Auradon. At least I hope so. Once I had everything packed, I came back downstairs where dad was waiting for me. Outside was a Limo waiting for me. I gave him one last hug before heading outside.

The driver opened the door of the limo for me and I got in to see four people I already knew through work. Mal, Daughter of Maleficent, Evie, Daughter of the Evil Queen, Jay, Son of Jafar, and Carlos, Son of Cruella De Vil. But I couldn't help noticing that Carlos seemed quite scared when I got into the limo. I could just tell that he was uncomfortable around me. He's likely heard about my father's deals which can get ridiculous sometimes. I heard that he once asked for a baby as his payment for giving Cinderella in his world a chance to go to the ball.

But I just ignored the look and just watched as the limo pulled away from the pawn shop. As the limo left, the boys soon found some sweets that were left for us and started stuffing their faces with them. Along with that, Evie was trying to put makeup on Mal who stopped her because she was 'plotting'. Her mother has set her up for something. Well, it's none of my concern. I'm not part of it. But everyone soon got panicky when we got to the edge of the Isle.

There was a barrier over the Isle to keep us from getting out along with a demolished bridge.  The four huddled together in fear while I just accepted my fate. Only to see a magical bridge appear, slowly forming as the limo drove. Mal asked the driver if the button she just pushed opened the barrier and made the bridge. He said no and that the one he had opened the barrier. The one she had opened his garage. And the next button he pushed closed a window so we couldn't talk to him anymore. Someone chose sass this morning. I like him. But, anyway, it's off to Auradon for a new life.