CHAPTER 15

"Should we tell them about what happened tonight?" Matt asks me as we approach the car we previously wandered away from.

"I promised Landon I wouldn't." I answer, us both getting into the car.

"Whose Landon?" he asks, "He's the guy that was... working with, I guess, Bella. He used to go by Landon but now he goes by Dom." I explain, popping my M&Ms from earlier into my mouth.

"What, did he tell you his whole life story while you were in that room?" Matt jokes with a laugh, "Nah. He's an old boyfriend back from Florida when I was still in high school." I correct, "Oh. We never heard of him." He replies.

I knew that by "we" he meant himself. Which I felt bad for not telling them, but then again, I didn't think it was something he or they needed to know.

"It was a short thing in February, and it happened after I came up to Boston and ended almost right before I came back,

"Were you guys like um, exclusive?" he asks, "Short thing. Nothing big. I think we kissed like, once our whole relationship." I chuckle.

"I just didn't really think I needed to tell you guys that kind of stuff cause whenever I did, you and Chris would always say ew and tell me that a boy would be dumb to like me." I shrug.

"Oh well, I guess I'm dumb then." He chuckles, "Yup." I laugh.

"And when was this again?" he asks. "Um. Ninth gra- no. 10th grade." I answer.

"Oh."

"Why the oh?" I ask, "You don't think I still have feelings for him, do you?"

"No, no, no." he answers, "Good cause I don't. But still, why the oh?" I ask.

"Nothing just 10th grade is when I realized my feelings for you." He answers, "You've had feelings for me since the 10th grade?" I ask, my voice, along with my position in the seat raising a bit.

"I told you I love you!" He chuckles, "Yeah I believed you, but I didn't think it had been since the 10th grade!" I reply with a laugh.

"Well, I haven't exactly loved you since 10th grade." He pauses, "I realized I loved you like, seven months ago."

"Damn really?" I ask, "Yup." He answers.

"Damn." I reply.

...

It wasn't long before we got home, well, to Matt's house. Matt slips on his hoodie he kept in the van to cover up his bare stomach, before grabbing my hand and leading us in the house.

Lily and Nick are in the kitchen talking about Chase Atlantic's concert Lily and Melanie are going to New Mexico tomorrow morning for.

"Good morning." I say, glancing at the clock posted on the wall of the kitchen.

7:03 am.

Damn we were gone for 3 hours?

"Morning Annika. What are you doing here so early?" Nick asks as Lily tosses me an orange from the fruit basket. "Thanks." I mutter before answering Nick.

"Didn't feel like going back home." I shrug.

I sat myself on the counter, Matt quick to join my side as Nick and Lily sit on the counters across from us.

"Wait so you were with Matt for a straight 3 hours? In the middle of the night? And you didn't feel like going home so you just came here?" Nick questions, "Yep." I answer.

"So. What did you guys do then?" he asks, switching his eyes from me and Matt.

Luckily, Chris came up the stairs before me or Matt could answer.

"Why the fuck are you two here this early in the morning, and how?" Chris asks.

"Already starting the day off with cussing. How fun." I comment sarcastically.

"Shut up." He replies, "I don't shut up, I grow up, and when I look at you, I throw up." I reply, "At least I'm not adopted." He shoots back.

"Wow. I didn't think you'd know the rest to be honest." I admit.

"You're stupid." He says, "You're stupid." I repeat back.

"It's too early for... whatever that was." Nick says, pointing back in forth between me and Chris.

"Flirting." Is all Lily says.

"No. You got it all wrong, it's her and Matt. Not her and Chris." Nick says, hopping off the counter, Lily following behind saying, "But her and Chris would be such a power couple though."

Chris ignored the conversation, grabbing brownie little bites before returning to his room.

"I love you." I tell Matt, knocking my shoulder into his.

"I love you more." He replies with a smile, knocking his shoulder back into mine.

"Kinda figured after that long ass rant at the field." I chuckle, "Hey, don't even try to call me out for being a simp when you literally ran into a burning building twice for me. That's a simp if I've ever seen one." He points out.

"Don't get your hopes up buddy. I'd do the same for any of my best friends. If Chris were in a burning building, right now, I'd save him." I reason.

"I can tell after all that flirting." He replies, rolling his eyes.

"We weren't even flirting. They're my best friends, they should be able to tell by now if I'm flirting with someone or not." I clarify.

"Good cause you're mine and this time, I ain't sharin with nobody." He says, wrapping his arm around my shoulder, pulling me into him for a kiss on the crown of my head.

"They do say sharing is caring." I joke, looking up at the boy next to me.

"What if I don't wanna be caring?" he asks, "Then I won't date you." I answer, "Yes you will." He replies, "Yeah I will." I sigh.

KIERA SPEAKS: AHHHH

word count: 921