CHAPTER 14

"B- Bella?" Matt stutters as our eyes scan over the two figures hovering above us. "Matt." Bella replies, smiling mischievously. "What a wonderful sight to see. Oh. And Annika as well! We were just talking about you."

"You're not hurting her." Matt says, "Shut it shit head." Dom replies. "Aw so cute, you care. Although, what are you going to do about it? You're high off weed. Both of you are. You guys are weak and useless." Bella says, her face growing closer to my own.

"You're funny. Calling us out because we're slightly high. I can smell the fucking beer, dripping from your breath." I reply.

"Shut the fuck up, Annika." Dom says.

My eyes look towards him, squinting with a scowl on my face, however the look doesn't stay, my eyes widening at the realization.

"Landon." I mutter.

"Hey uh. Um Bella, let me reload it real quick." Dom says. Fake name? Really Landon?

"Sure whatever. I just wanna give this bitch what she deserves for once." Bella replies, not so secretly handing Landon the gun. He's not gone for long before he openly hands Bella the gun.

"I thought no one will ever find out that you're killing me. Matt's right here." I ask, "Yeah. No one will." She shrugs. "I'm gonna kill you both. Starting with your loverboy."

"No. Don't lay a finger on her. If you're gonna kill anyone, kill me. After all I am the one who chose her over you, right? She did nothing to you, I did. So, if you're gonna take someone's life, let it be mine." Matt replies.

"Matt, I can't let you do that." I whisper, "Yes you can. I love you, Annie." He replies, giving me a quick peck on the lips.

"Alright then. Dom, take him to the office." Bella instructs, grabbing Matt's shoulders and pushing him towards Dom, tearing our connected hands apart.

"No!" I exclaim as Bella now grabs my shoulders and pulls me the opposite direction of Matt.

"Your boyfriend will be just fine. Don't worry."

"You just said you're gonna kill him!" I reply, "Shut the fuck up, whore." She seethes through gritted teeth.

"Why are you even doing this?" I ask as she locks the room door behind the both of us.

Instead of replying, she shrugs as she reaches from under the bed, pulling out a container of gasoline, rope, and a lighter from her pocket.

"You can ask me question once I finish up heating up the snack in the office." She says before leaving the room, somehow locking the door from the outside.

"No!" I shout, running to the door. "Bella please!"

"It's too late now Annika. Should've thought about that before you took my boyfriend." She replies as I hear her walking away heavily.

I look around the room quickly, seeing nothing to break the lock with. I rush to the kitchen, in hopes of finding something. I gasp as my eyes lay upon a metal butter knife. I grab it before running to the door. I begin to jab at the lock of the door. I groan as it snaps in half, the metal rusted and week. I return to the kitchen grabbing the next thing I see: a steak knife. I begin to jab at the door again, accidentally cutting my finger but successfully breaking the lock.

I rush out of the room, bumping into a tall, muscular figure.

"Aren't you supposed to be in that room?" Dom asks.

"Landon please. I know things didn't end up great between us, but Matt. He's my boyfriend and my best friends' brother. I need to help him." I plead.

"It's Dom. And how am I supposed to trust that you aren't gonna go tell the cops on us?" he asks. "Lan- Dom. I won't tell anyone. I swear, I just need to save him." I answer. "Yeah, I can't trust that." He replies, grabbing my arm and pushing me back into the room.