CHAPTER 7

"Mom! I'm going out! I'll be back later!" Annika called into the house.

"Okay, honey! Be careful!" Evelyn hollered out to her daughter.

Annika slipped on her shoes and ran to the door. When she opened it, she saw the person she had wanted to see the most.

"Chris!" Annika leaped into the boy's arms and enfolded her arms around his neck. His arms wrapped around her waist as he hugged her back.

The night beforehand, Annika found herself so bored, that she caught herself scrolling and scrolling through edits of Chris on Tiktok.

"Are Matt and Nick here yet?" Annika questioned the boy who stood in front of her, who just shook his head. "Well, how about we go to the park? It's just down the road!" She beamed.

"Yeah, come on!" Chris began to step off the porch. "Race?" He lifted his eyebrows at the shorter girl.

"Uh, I don't know..." Annika started before she took off down the road. "Go!"

"Hey! That's not fair." Chris sprinted after the girl, yelling.

Annika reached the park before Chris and sat on the swings. Chris sat next to her when he finally made it.

"How the fuck do you run that fast?" Chris pants, hands planted on his knees as he leaned forward a bit.

Annika just shrugged before she kicked her feet into the sand.

"So, how have you been?" Annika asked the boy as she started swinging. She glanced over at him and couldn't help but see how different he looked. His hair looked like it had been grown longer. She felt like he had grown taller. Maybe because she just hasn't seen him that long that he looked different now.

"Good! You?" Chris asked, looking at the brunette girl.

"Good!" Annika's voice was bright and joyful.

"You know, I was thinking. Spit pacts? Like where you spit and shake your hand, those are literally disgusting. But I remember when we were little, it was at like Thanksgiving dinner when we were nine, we all made spit pacts- curtesy of you- and I remember I was washing my hands for 5 days straight. Like every time I washed my hands, I would like scrub my hands." Annika expressed.

"Let's make a spit pact." Chris remarked.

Annika and the other two Sturniolo Triplets' eyebrows crumpled.

"If we're all still single by the time we're twenty, then we all have to move in together." Chris said.

"Chris, we barely even talk to each other, why would we move in with each other?" Nick questioned, "Yeah. And I wanna live with Momma until I die!" Annika cheered, flinging her hands up in the air.

"Annika, you can't live with your parents forever." Justin voices from behind her.

"Why not?" Annika pouts, "Well bec-" Justin stopped himself as Evelyn gives him a look.

"Nevermind. You can live with them forever." he smiles.

"See?! Now can we just spit and shake?" Chris remarks, "Spit and shake! Spit and shake!" Matt cheers.

"I'm not spitting in my hand for you. One, you have cuties, and two, I don't want my spit touching your spit or your spit touching me." Annika chuckled as Chris gave her a pleading look.

"Come on Ans, spit pact!" Chris pleaded.

"Fine." she groans, spitting in her hand with a gross and disgusted look.

The boys all spit in their hand and everyone shook on it.

"Ewww." Annika shudders, wiping her hand all on Matt's shirt.

"Don't wipe it on me!" Matt exclaims, wiping his shirt all over Annika's bare arm.

"It's your spit!" Annika exclaims, "It's yours too!" he says.

"Kids! Go wash up for dinner!" Mary Lou and Evelyn call out.

"I call first!" Annika claims at the same time as Matt.

"Rock! Paper! Scissors! Shoot!" The two called out. 

Matt won by paper over Annika's rock.

"It's fine. You can go first." Matt tells Annika, "But you won." she replies.

"Ladies first."  Matt beams, "Okay then." She shrugs before skipping to the bathroom.

"That was very kind of you, Matt." Mary Lou says, "Eh. I just didn't want her wiping spit on me anymore." Matt shrugs.

Chris and Nick along with Justin begin laughing at that.

"It was still kind to let her go first." Mary Lou states.

 "I bet I'm gonna grow up, and I'm gonna be such a lady's man. I'm gonna get all the girls." Matt says, throwing his arms up in the air , flexing his baby muscles.

"I bet you will. You and your brothers." 

Nick felt a turn at his stomach when his mom said that. He didn't know why but just the thought of him pulling girls made him feel weird.

"I know." Matt smiles brightly, putting his hands behind his back and smiling.

"Matt! Your turn!" Annika sings, skipping out of the bathroom.

"Wait wait wait." she says.

She smacks Matt on the back with both of her hands, leaving wet hand prints on the back of his grey T-Shirt.

"ANNIKA!" Matt squeals, "Oops." she shrugs, drying her hands on her lap.

"Annika. That wasn't nice. Say sorry." Evelyn says, "Sorry Matt." Annika says.

"I'm gonna get you back." he replies, running to the bathroom. He came back out with wet hands as he ran towards Annika.

"Matt!" Annika squeals, as he wipes his hands all over her back.

"Payback!" Matt says proudly.

"Ewww now I'm all wet!" Annika screams, "You're fine it's just water." Matt replies.

KIERA SPEAKS: i have a book report in 12 days and the book i already signed up for is so bad and i do not want to read it and so when i look up the ch summaries there is none and that literally makes me want to cry BRO I HATE THIS SM anywho enjoy this picture of them all in purple