25[M]

-Let's go.- Jisoo took Jennie by the hand and pulled her along.- We're going home.

And then Jennie did a completely unexpected thing — she jerked her hand out of Jisoo's warm palm with a sharp movement and stopped, as if frightened.

-Home?- Jennie asked, looking at Jisoo with her impossibly huge eyes, in which confusion, bewilderment and pain splashed.

Jisoo blushed deeply. She could still feel the taste of Jennie, the taste of her lips, just looking at them made Jisoo's legs give way, and she remembered how they felt with her lips, and God, it wasn't even a real kiss, and Jennie didn't kiss her back, and now she was standing, asking "home?", with a look like Jisoo said, "come with me to the cemetery at 12 o'clock."

-Home... I mean, to my home.- Jisoo tried to make her voice sound natural and at ease, but there was nothing natural about what she saw in Jennie's eyes. On the contrary, it seemed that Jennie was frightened by this proposal, and now it was impossible to return to the beautiful things that they shared in this dirty alley with trash cans and inscriptions on the wall, and the elder Kim could not think of what to do now — she only understood that Jennie would now slip away from her, go sand through her fingers, and it made her unbearably hurt.

-We're not going to stand on the street.- Jisoo said, blushing even more.

Jennie shook her head. Her posture changed—she put her hands behind her back, slightly spread her legs and looked ready to run. As if she didn't like being around Jisoo. It was as if they were strangers who accidentally bumped into each other in a crowded bar and spent time together only to realize how much they were strangers to each other.

-I don't think that's a good idea, Jisoo.- She said softly but firmly, and the expression on her thin face was not encouraging.

It seemed to the elder Kim that the ground was going out from under her feet.

-Do you want to go back to the bar?- She said, frantically thinking how to save the situation.

Jennie chuckled.

-No, I definitely don't want that. I've had enough impressions for today.

Jennie was clearly going to say something else, perhaps it was "goodbye forever", and Jisoo was already preparing for the fact that she would now turn around and leave, but at that moment the phone rang in the pocket of Jennie's dapper jacket.

Both girls shuddered synchronously. The melodious trill of the bell echoed loudly from the high walls of the alley. No one moved. Then Jennie slowly took the phone out of her pocket and looked at the screen.

-This is my father.

Jisoo's heart sank. That's it, this is the end, she thought. Charlie probably didn't listen to her and still sent security to the bachelorette party, and there the guards discovered that both the bride and the wedding organizer had disappeared in an unknown direction. And Mary, most likely, added fuel to the fire. Jisoo imagined her saying to Marcus in a breathless whisper, "Imagine, and Jennie! Both of them! They just took it and left! I'm shocked myself!"

Jennie weighed the phone in her hand, as if she didn't know what to do now. Her eyes never left Jisoo's face, and — it was completely incomprehensible — they burned with a fire that Kim had seen in them only once, in that vision of hers, where Jennie with war paint on her face was fighting in the arena against a hefty man. Jisoo couldn't take her eyes off her either. A black haze of betrayal, fear, threats and blackmail gathered around them, and she could still only think about how beautiful Jennie was, about her soft lips, about the feeling of her body next to hers, and Jisoo knew that if Jennie took at least one step towards her now, she would give a sign, that she was also sick of this unthinkable, infinitely huge between them, which could not be realized, Jisoo would have sent everything in the world to hell and made her own.