Chapter 31

Cecilia's POV That Evening.
I sat at Charles' side, shivering, as he played with a strand of my hair.
"Stop shivering, Lia." We were in our chambers, the fire blazing, and our children playing on a mat before the fire.
"I feel cold.. and sick." I said, still shaking.
"For gods sake, what's wrong with you?" He asked, rolling his eyes.
"I don't know, evidently." I spat.
"Don't be cheeky, sweetheart." Charles hissed dangerously. I rolled my eyes and stalked off, Charles calling my name repeatedly.
"Cecilia, get your pretty arse back here!" He yelled. I turned around, laughed, and continued to walk away. I leant against a wall, outside our chambers, tears spurting down my cheeks. Shaking, I walked out of the palace, and found a cab.
"To Hatfield." I told him, before climbing into the cab. That was where my beloved goddaughter, Elizabeth, Anne's daughter, lived. I hadn't seen her since Anne died. I had never been allowed to. But today, I was flouting the Kings wishes.
2 hours later, I arrived at Hatfield. I climbed out the carriage and smoothed down my hair. I walked to the doors and saw a maid carrying sheets. I remembered her, Rosalie, one of Anne's favourites.
"Lady Cecilia." She gasped, dropping a hasty curtesy. "It's been years!"
"Rise, Rosalie, I have known you for years, there is no need for formality." I laughed. "I have come to visit my goddaughter."
"Of course, my lady, she is upstairs. I will take you to her." She took me upstairs, and I entered the room, seeing a small child, bright red Tudor hair, and dark brown eyes, remarkably like her mothers.
"Hello sweetheart. Do you remember me?"
"You're my godmama. They tell me about you, they say that you will one day come to see me, that before my mama died, she told you to look after me."
"That's right. I am Cecilia, but you can call me Cecy." The girl- 7 years old- studied me carefully, before coming and grabbing my waist, hugging me tightly. I smiled, knowing that I was finally fulfilling my promise to Anne. But I knew how angry Charles would be.
MarjorieTrevejo CarmenAlvarado229