Chapter 3: Meeting the Starters

So since it mentions the end of Summer during Ash's Kanto Journey, I'm going to say that Ash and his friends started sometime in April. Also, they will grow up. Right now, everyone is age 10 for now.

Here are the birthdays I found for everyone online. Except for the last three couldn't find anything, so making a guess.

Ash: May 22nd

Justin: May 22nd

Jessie: October 2nd

Gary: April 6th

Leaf: June 1st

Chase: August 5th

Elaine: September 13th

Trace: October 27

Now on to the chapter!

----------

Ash was in a rush to Professor Oak's lab be, ended up eating fourths of his mom's cooking and now was on a tight deadline to make it to the lab. As he came to a crossroads, he saw Jessie was running in the same direction. At least he wasn't the only one late.

After she released her new Ekans, she spent a lot of time after breakfast getting to know the little fellow. She had to admit, for a young Pokemon who hasn't battled or had too much human contact. Ekans had quite some moves and loved being around Jessie.

Due to the two running at the same pace, they met at the crossroads and started running to the lab next to each other.

"Morning Ash," Jessie greeted.

"Morning, Jessie," Ash replied.

As they reached the lab. Justin, Leaf, and Gary we're standing outside of the door. As Ash and Jessie joined the group, the door was opened a second later.

------------

"Greetings, everyone," Professor Oak opened the door and stood in front of them; Justin, Leaf, and Gary all turned towards him.  Justin smiled slightly and nodded while Gary had his hands in his pocket, with his typical smirk on his face.

"Morning, Professor," Leaf cheerfully greeted with her bubbly tone as she had a giant smile on her face.

"Morning," Justin smiled as he smiled before looking at Ash shaking his head.'Once again, Ash is not ready to be a trainer. I just don't see how he except to be a Pokemon master.'

"Morning, Gramps," Gary replied with his still his typical smirk on his face.

While both Ash and Jessie we're catching their breath.

"Morning...Professor..." Ash and Jessie said in unison.

The Professor could tell, looking at the two, that they were the late arrivals and, as standard, the new trainers chose their Pokemon in order of arrival.

------------

"Alright, as I'm sure you all are excited. As of today, your Pokemon journey awaits you," Professor Oak address them."Now, if you would all follow me, please," He continued as he turned around and started walking down the hall.

Justin followed first n the lead, and Ash and Jessie both followed behind. With Leaf followed next as Gary was in the rear of the line with his usual chilled-out posture.

Professor Oak led them into a large room. It had a large computer on the side of the room. I'm the middle. It had a table with three pokeballs on it.