Friendship - Sirin x Reader

Start from the beginning

"Wow, Kiana is so talented." You cooed as Sirin walks in with your glass of water. "Look at you. It was just last week you were still learning your alphabet. Do you remember them?"

The toddler made a noise of affirmation. "Yep!" She shot you a toothy smile. You pet her head and notice Sirin standing by the doorway with a glass of water.

"Don't stand there. Come play with me and Kiana." You beckon her with a hand and she sits a good distance away from you. "I'll take that."

The Herrscher hands you the glass of water. Sirin watched as you take a sip out of the liquid and set it safely to the side.

"Cecilia must have told you that I was going to come by. I'm (Y/N) (L/N). Cecilia has told me a lot about you." You smiled at the younger girl in contrast to your earlier behavior. "It's nice to finally meet the girl Cecilia has talked so fondly about."

Your smile did little to waver her walls.

"I'm Sirin." The Herrscher introduced.

There was silence and suddenly the atmosphere was awkward.

"Er... I'm usually asked to babysit Kiana—"

It was obvious that you were trying to keep the conversation going, but the Herrscher didn't want anything to do with you. Sirin didn't want to be rude since you were a friend of Cecilia's but she didn't trust you. You were a part of the organization responsible for her friends' deaths.

"—All though I'm the same rank as her, I still regard her as my senior. I used to work under her you know? It was hard for me to address her by her first name." Kiana walks over to you and tries to open your pockets. You move her away and she begins to struggle. You sent the shorter girl a defeated look. "What are you doing Kiana?"

The little girl looks at you with gleaming eyes. "I want Aunt (Y/N)'s phone!"

You sighed, expecting the little toddler's words. Your hand slip inside your pocket and pulled out your phone. You give Kiana your phone. She runs off.

"Kiana, no running!" Her only response was a bunch of giggles. You slump and raised a hand to your head. "Cecilia is going to kill me..."

Sirin finally shifts her focus onto you. Her eyes scan your figure and she finds some Honkai Patterns tucked under your sleeves. Her expression changes but you hardly noticed, too busy wondering what you should do in case Cecilia scolds you for allowing her daughter to play with your phone.

"Those patterns..." Sirin began piquing your attention. "Are they from fighting the Honkai?"

"Ah." You suddenly felt subconscious about your body and pulled your sleeves down. "Yes. I got them during the Second Eruption."

Sirin flinched. You noticed her behavior and sank into deep thought. The Herrscher wonders if she was the one responsible for your retirement. Instantly, she felt guilty for how she treated you. You had to be a good person because Cecilia trusted you enough to allow you into her house. Sirin had suspected you without knowing who you truly are.

You instantly knew what she was thinking and extend a hand out much to the girl's confusion.

"It seems we had some misunderstandings with one another." You started, feeling a bit more confident after speaking with the young girl. "Let me introduce myself again, I'm (Y/N) (L/N)."

You didn't seem as tense as before and had on a genuine smile.

She thought for a moment before wrapping her hand around yours.

"Sirin." She let's go on your hand. "What misunderstandings are you talking about?"

"Ah... You see I heard a lot about you back in HQ. There were a lot of rumors about the Herrscher of the Void living with Schicksal's Strongest Valkyrie. The most common one is that you threaten Cecilia to take you in for your survival." Sirin felt her fingers twitch. She grinds her teeth together and was about to say something when— "But I can see the rumors were exaggerated."