Named After A Motorcycle

Later that night Robby and I had spent dinner at the Diaz apartment, and Carmen almost couldn’t contain her joy. Dad ordered Olive Garden, and made a comment about not lying to us….. Three times in one day, which was hilarious. I wasn’t containing my joy in the slightest, I was bouncing all over the place, I noticed Robby’s fingers snapping into his leg silently under the table, and it made me smile. We were going to be an awesome family, and that little baby, is going to be the most badass baby the Valley has ever seen. 

“Okay, so we have Dirty Dancing, Top Gun, or St Elmo’s Fire” I ran into the living room, slotting myself beside Miguel and Robby on the couch, which is still so weird to say

“Nuh uh, Hawk told me about that, I’ve heard horror stories of you making him sit through St Elmo’s Fire” Miguel shook his head right away 

“Yeah, I agree with Miguel, mom made me watch it once, it has virtually no plot, it’s like an 80s style vlog with queerbaiting” Robby complained

“I know, I just like hearing you two agree with each other” I smirked, making Miguel and Robby roll their eyes “So, which one?”

“I haven’t seen Dirty Dancing” Miguel chimed in

“Dude how have you not seen that movie?” Robby asked in shock

“My 80s knowledge is strictly Johnny Lawrence filtered, that’s how” Miguel chuckled

"Fair enough" Robby nodded

“Ya Robby’s middle name is Swayze” I smirked, putting the dvd into the player “After Patrick Swayze-”

“Harley!”

“Wait seriously?” Miguel laughed

“Come on” Robby groaned

“Yup, mom was so obsessed with him, she named her child after him” I cackled

“That’s hilarious, I’m sorry but that’s just funny” Miguel laughed

“Hey, hers isn’t much better” Robby pointed at me

“Oh don’t. I've kept this from him for two years!"

“Technically-” I jumped over the coffee table and tackled Robby on the couch, wrapping my arms around his face to try and stop him from talking “Tech- her name is- Mig you wanna-”

“C’mere you big baby” Miguel helped Robby wrestle me away from him, I struggled as much as I could without actually causing injury, Miguel and Robby didn’t stop until they had me held down arms and legs in their laps “Proceed”

“I, will smother you in your sleep-” Miguel pressed a pillow over my face, slightly, to shut me up

“Harley’s named after the Harley Davidson bike brand, and her middle name is Cora” Now it was Robby’s turn to cackle

“Wait, you mean like- like Cors?!” Miguel face lit up in shock as he removed the pillow

“Yeah yeah, I’m named after a motorcycle company and a brand of beer, is it really that surprising? Dad got saddled with me and mom didn’t want anything to do with me back then” I chuckled, sitting back up 

“I think it’s fitting” Robby smirked, dodging a slap

“He’s right Harles, it’s a badass name”

“Of course it’s a badass name” I scoffed, settling back into the couch “Now shut up, you’re missing the movie”

“Yes mom” Robby and Miguel chorused

I snickered, but kept myself quiet for the sake of Miguel’s movie education. Robby, Miguel and I spent the entire day watching movies together. We took turns picking, Miguel chose all action movies, so he picked Baby Driver and Robby was more partial to the more gooey movies, and anything with music which is how we ended up watching Tik Tik Boom and The Fault In Our Stars, although no one was complaining, because we were all crying. I stuck to what I knew and made the boys watch IT and Scream, which they complained about at first but ended up loving in the end thank you very much. 

We got half way through Weird Science when Sam texted me and said we all needed to be at the dojo. We didn’t know what that meant, but she sent it in the ‘Kickass Kids’ group chat, so it was meant for all of us. We headed down there as quickly as possible, and Sam told us everything that had happened. Of course we knew about what happened to Mr. Larusso, he’d gone to Stingray's house and gotten ambushed by Silver. It was the first taste of the karate war the three of us had gotten all summer, previously preoccupied with our own issues. Now that we were all good we needed to get back to business, ending Terry Silver. 

“That means the world to me Amanda” Mr. Larusso’s voice was heard around the corner, in the room that was forbidden entry for anyone. “But what if standing up to Silver just makes things worse again? Every time I try to fight for what’s right, somebody gets hurt. I can’t fail these kids again”

We looked to Sam, and she nodded, Robby stepped out from the wall “You didn’t fail me” he announced his presence, Mr. Larusso looked over at the three of us in the doorway “Sam and my dad told me what was going on” Sam, Amanda and i moved away to let the two have their moment “Ya know when you first met me, I was a messed up kid, but you gave me a job, and a home, and a purpose. You can’t just give up”

“Robby” Mr. Larusso shuddered “The things I did, juvie I was….. I was just trying to help you”

“No I’m, I’m sorry” Robby shook his head “I mean- I should’ve listened to you about Cobra Kai, but I didn’t understand until I started mentoring someone myself. Now Silver’s got a hold on this kid…. There’s some others in there I care about too, and uh…. We need to stop Cobra Kai, but we can’t do it without you. Sensei”

I watched Mr. Larusso melt into a smile. Yeah, we were one big dopey, ridiculous spaghetti bowl of a family, that’s for sure. I mean- Sensei is like another title like dad and mom to us- okay sorry, ruining the moment, I know. Sorry. 

“Dad, not everyone has someone like you” Sam spoke up “To protect them, and teach them. It’s time that all of us join this fight”

“All of us?” Mr. Larusso’s eyebrows furrowed “Sam what do you mean?”

“C’mere” Sam smiled, holding her dad’s hand and pulling him towards the main room

“Wha- Sam, Robby what’s going on?” 

“Basically Mr. L, your wife and daughter have a flair, for the dramatics” I smiled

Robby and I, dramatically, pulled back the sliding dojo doors, and stepped out onto the grass to join the rest of our friends and family out on the grass. When I say everyone was there, I mean, everyone. Even Anthony and Amanda stood out there with us. Dad was there, and this other sensei I’d never met before but apparently he was a karate Master, which is like….. Royalty, in our world. Daniel was in complete awe at all of us. 

“You’re not alone anymore” Sam smiled “So what do you say dad? Will you fight?”

Daniel smiled, stepping down onto the grass, and standing alongside my dad and out other sensei. We all stood together, and bowed respectfully at our new sensei’s. It felt so incredibly powerful. Daniel looked between the two sensei’s, nodding his head, as the three of them bowed to us. Here we fcuking go. 

-'|'-'|'-'|'-