I Like A Challange

I was walking to the dojo to get in some solo training when I saw… probably the least likely of people walking out of there.

“Dem?” I questioned

He looked up at me, rushing over, his eyes blown wide and scared. I rushed over, meeting him half way when I realized his nose was puffy and bleeding.

“I- Shit- shit shit shit” he held a hand under his nose

“Demetri what- did my dad do this?” I questioned

“What? No he wasn’t there, it was this other guy”

I froze. Kreese was there. I cracked my neck, screwing my eyes shut for a moment, attempting to be inconspicuous as I took a soft grip on Demetri, helping him to my car.

“What- where are we going?” he asked panicked

“Back to my apartment” I sighed

“What? No no way, you don’t know how to fix a broken nose!” he exclaimed

“Yeah, yeah I do” I nodded, not lying “I do it like- multiple times a month” I turned my car on

“We’re not going back to your apartment” Demetri ordered

“Well where the hell would you rather go!?” 

“Um… Hospital!” he exclaimed like it was obvious.

I sighed, rolling my eyes, but I did as he wished and drove him to the hospital. I didn’t feel like going to practice today anyway. Not if Kreese was confirmed to be there. I could hide my shit, but not that well.

As promised I drove Demetri to the hospital. His mother flipped out of course, that was one thing I was trying to avoid. I was worried about everyone at Cobra Kai. We all came from damaged family’s and backgrounds. We all had trauma, and trauma means manipulation. Especially Eli. He had been so quick to transform from Eli to Hawk, and I was proud of him for that, but what else could he evolve into? I don’t want him to go down the same path as my dad. I didn’t wanna lose him.

~~

After the doctor dealt with Demetri, who’s mom refused to let me go home with them. I caved and went to the dojo anyway. I just had to stay with someone at all times… couldn’t be that hard. I changed into my gi in the car, I was late already as it is.

“.... But if you do what I tell you to do, you’ll at least have a chance at becoming a fighter” my dad was giving all the news kids a speech “But to do that, you gotta fight- Harley you’re late” my dad didn’t even look me in the eyes when he talked

“Sorry sensei” I got in my spot, avoiding looking at Kreese “Car trouble”

“Yeah well, lucky for you, you get to spar one of these pussies. 100 push ups if you don’t win” he stood firm

I cracked my neck, rolling my shoulders back. What is it with him and the push ups?

“Yes sensei” I mumbled.

“So… which one of you has the balls to take on the champ?” Dad looked around the room.

No one said anything for a long while. I was worried I’d have to do 100 push ups by default. I really wasn’t in the mood. 

“I’ll take her on” a voice from the back of the room said

We all turned around, seeing a tall blonde girl. Definitely taller than I was, no doubt. She was dressed in all sports wear, but also make up. Yeah this was a girl who gets underestimated a lot.