How Do You Feel

The month flew by like a jet plane, I was practicing every day, but I also took time out to be with Eli and Demetri, I picked them up, we went out for ice cream, and I was helping Miguel keep up with school while my dad kicked his ass. I was keeping up with everything, somehow. Everything except Robby and my dad…. But that was a good thing at the moment.

“Hey El what’s up? How was practice?” I smiled answering the call 

“Oh ya know, we’ve got a new girl who your dad’s obsessed with, he’s trying to play parent with me, and making me sit out of practise so I don’t get injured”

“Mmm, lovely” I snickered 

“Yeah, honestly he’s driving me nuts” Miguel sighed “But change of topic, you found a dress for prom yet?”

“No” I scoffed “Honestly, I might just go in a t-shirt and jeans”

“Harley come on, it won’t be the same like that” I could practically hear Miguel’s smirk across the phone “You should try to find something”

“I have been!” I laughed “I mean- not to mention that I can’t afford it, but also…. Dresses aren’t my style”

“I know, I know” Miguel nodded “Hey I’m meeting up with Sam, I’ll call you later okay?”

“Yeah defiantly, and hey, use protection” I smirked

“You suck” Miguel sighed “Bye”

“Bye man” I grinned

We both hung up the phone, I smiled and let out a breath when a very loud car horn came blasting into Eli’s basement. What the- I spun around and just on cue Demetri and Eli came barreling down the stairs.

“Guys- what’s going on-”

“No time to talk, come on” Demetri grabbed my arm

“What-”

“Just come on baby, relax” Eli grabbed my other arm

They took me all the way out to the front yard, where-.... My mother was sitting in her car waving us over. I gave Eli and Demetri both a weird look, they just laughed and practically shoved me in the car before Demetri piled in the back-..... But not Eli?

“I’m- okay someone needs to explain this to me. What’re you doing? Why isn’t-”

“Just calm down sweetheart” Mom smiled “Demetri and I have a surprise for you”

“That sounds horrifying” I groaned

“It’ll be fun” Demetri encouraged “For us”

My mom started laughing right away. I was still completely confused, but I couldn’t stop myself from laughing and smiling like crazy. This is so weird…. Is this what being a normal teenager is like?

~~

I sat on my mom’s bed with Demetri while mom was eaten by her tiny apartment closet. I have no idea what she was looking for, all she said was that I wasn’t allowed to punch her, or Demetri.

“Ahah! Yes, okay” mom finally emerged, she was carrying a plastic bag with her, it had something inside of it, something black 

“Oh no” I sighed, and Demetri quickly grabbed my arms to keep me from running away

“I know, I know,” mom chuckled. She stood in front of the bed, and carefully took away the plastic “This….. Was my prom dress from my senior year. Demetri- somehow found my number, and asked me if I wouldn’t mind helping you out a little bit with this so…. I thought I’d offer up this”