Chapter 7

"It's us now, huh?" Finney said as he put his tunic on. Raven-black, for the tradition.

"I guess it is," Donna said. Wearing a pure-white dress. She was very excited yet also very nervous.

Finney looked at her, sensing something was wrong. "Hey, Donnie." He said in a loving tone.

He closed the distance between them and she looked up at him. "Yeah?"

"Are you nervous? You sound nervous." He took her face in his hands.

"I'm fine, Finn." She tried to reassure him.

"You're lying. I know because you're curling your fingers."

She looked down to see her fingers still curled.

"Look, the worst thing that could happen is the food being bad. Or someone getting horribly drunk."

She laughed, which helped ease her mood.

He kissed her on the forehead. Not wanting her to crane his neck just to kiss him. (Since the two were five inches apart in height) "C'mon now, let's go show those folks how a Blake wedding is done."

...

She walked down that aisle. As confident as she could be. Wearing her shoulder-length hair completely down. Wearing the white dress with her family's cloak, light green in colour. With three white hearts in a triangle pattern. Finney wore his raven-black tunic with a white cloak. Her father, Lord Joseph, an old man with greying hair, was walking with her.

And once they got there, he took the D'Amato cloak off her shoulders. And Finney put the Blake cloak on, white, just like her dress. But with a red-lined diamond shape and an 'X' through it. The two looked at the priest in front of them. Monotheistic, just like the religion the couple were both a part of.

"Your Majesty, Your Highnesses, Your Graces, my lords, my ladies; We gather here in the sight of men and God. To witness the union between husband and wife."

He then got out a ribbon while the two held hands. He wrapped it around them.
"Two souls, two hearts, two bodies, bound into one. Now and forever."

"May God bless and protect this union until the end of their days. And may they also be reunited in the afterlife."

The two kissed to seal the union. A quick and sweet peck. Both still too shy to indulge. She went on her toes to kiss him. Having a big height difference.

...

"Oh, Lord Shaw!" Finney said as he and Donna sat together. He was sitting in the very middle. All of their family were sitting on either side. Lord Terrence Blake and Gwen were next to Finney. While Donna's parents and their other eight children. Who were all older than her. The eldest of whom was Crown Lady Bernardina, twin of Lady Cecilia. Meanwhile, the royal family sat with the guests. Because there wasn't enough room at the table.

"Hello, Finney and Lady Donna. I just wanted to say congratulations on your wedding." He said, raising his golden cup to them. (Which had wine in it due to Lord Terrence Blake's request). Lord Maxwell Shaw was wearing a turquoise tunic. The main color of his house. He was dark-haired with a mustache.

"Thank you, I'm awfully sorry for what happened to your brother," Donna said, trying to be sympathetic.

He only laughed and dismissed it, "Oh please, it's better that creep is dead."

"Wait, creep?" Finney asked, his heart racing.

"Oh yeah, everybody knew. He would stare at the pages or squires for too long. That's why we went through them so quickly. Why do you think he tried to get the Prince's hand?"