Chapter 3

Wentworth rode back to the capital. With both of his sons. Their nice clothes ripped and bloodied.
They immediately went to the council room.

The queen wasn't there. He then realised she was probably eating dinner with her family. So that's where he went.

Once he arrived, she stood up from her seat at the head. With her husband on her left side and her sons on her right.

"My God, Went. Sit down, sit down."

He sat next to Samuel while Richie sat next to Billy. While his twin was in the other seat.

"What in the Hell happened?"

"That bitch, Neil." Richie sneered.

"At the succession ceremony, he shot Lord & Lady Hargrove." Mike finished for him.

"His own parents? Why, because he wanted it for himself." Samuel sneered.

"Yes, he's cold-blooded. They even captured the Sinclair boy."

"What, why?" Aaron asked.

"I hear because Neil's stepdaughter, Maxine, is interested in him. And Billy hates her."

"Probably because she poses a threat to the succession. Especially as an outsider." Billy guessed.

"It's Max, Dad. She goes by Max." Mike corrected.

"Right, Max."

"Is Vance alive? Is he safe?" Billy asked.

"Yes, I saw him leave with the Yamadas. But I can't say the same for his father."

"What are the casualties?" Maria asked.

"Lord & Lady Hargrove; Sir Nicolas Carver; Crown Lord Eddie Kaspbrak; Crown Lord Stanley Uris; George Denbrough; Crown Lady Barbara Holland; and most likely others. I also saw some farmers brutalised."

She sighed.

"So much bloodshed," Billy said. He couldn't even finish his food.

"I can't believe Eddie and Stan are dead." Richie said, voice croaking.

"You are my Right Hand: What should be our first course of action?"

"I say we address it to the public. I assume we are on Vance's side?" Mike suggested.

"Of course, Gimlé will freeze over the day we support a massacre like this."

"Vance is also the rightful heir. Nicole legitimised him through writing."

"Did he rip the paper out and then start the killing?" Samuel asked jokingly.

"He tried to, but he couldn't. Nor could his son. She used enchanted paper."

"So that's what that was! I just thought their hands were weak." Richie said.

Wentworth laughed, "My boy, their sigil may be the hare but they have the blood of lions."

"Do you guys want something to eat?" Billy asked, feeling bad.

Maria had forgotten about that. "Oh, right, sorry. You must be starving."

"Thank you, Your Majesty."

"You're so considerate, you know that, Billy?" Richie turned to him.

"Richard, you address him as His Highness."

"It's fine, Wentworth. We're family friends. I don't like being called that in private anyway."

"I know, but it took him forever to even call Maria Her Majesty in public. I'm trying to get him in the habit."