Chapter 4

Author's Note: Mikhail Antonov is played by Aidan Gallagher in this Story. Look him up if you don't know who he is. Since the image won't post on here. 

"Here we are," Richie said as they all arrived at Wrangler Castle. An overarching stone palace with stables and a village underneath. They were one of the main vassal houses to the monarchy.

"Bigger than I expected," Mike said, behind him on the same horse.

"And lots of things to ride," Mikhail quipped. Who was an immigrant from the Motherland of Misery with a thick accent. And also Richie's page.

"That's what he said," Richie responded. Grinning at him before continuing onward.

Mikhail laughed raucously. The two shared the same humour. Which made Mike dread being in the same room as them.

...

"The Queen didn't tell me she sent both of the Tozier sons," Vance said, crossing his arms. Meeting them and the rest of the men in the courtyard.

"Forgive his bluntness, it's nice to meet you two." Bruce took both of their hands.

"And who might this page of yours be?" He gestured to Mikhail. Who was around Vance's height, 5'7". Taller than Bruce but shorter than the twins by three inches.

"Mikhail. Mikhail Antonov. My father, Dmitri, is one of the soldiers here."

He gestured to the older but handsome man coming to greet the lords. The two shared a heavy resemblance with light eyes and brown hair. Except his father's was mouse-brown and grey.

"It's nice to finally meet you two. I hope we can serve you well in this war, Your Grace." He bowed to Vance.

The horses were put in the vast stables. Thank the gods the Yamadas were horse traders. Because there wouldn't be enough room otherwise.

"Have you and the men eaten yet?" Vance asked the twins.

"Yes, before we left," Mike answered.

"And when was that?"

The two boys looked at each other.

"Two hours ago, Vance."

His blue eyes widened.

"You have been riding for two hours? Holy shit, I normally wouldn't feed men every two hours. But you've had a long journey. Gather your men and bring them into the kitchen."

"Right, Vance." Richie, who had the louder voice, yelled to the men, "MEN! Because we've been on the road for two hours, we're gonna go eat in the kitchen! That way you'll be stronger for your training!"

Some of them whispered amongst themselves. Seemingly relieved.

Vance, Bruce, Mikhail, and the twins all sat together. The first two are across from the three. Richie was in between Mikhail and Mike.

"So, why exactly did your father send both of his heirs?" Vance asked, before biting into a drumstick.

"Because we have one thing: Magic."

"So do I. I'm part demon like you two."

"Yeah, but there's a difference between a sorcerer and a Cambion."

"Oh, you think you're better than me simply cause your parents were married?"

"Not their parents, their grandparents. Remember? they used to be considered Wentworth's bastards."

"Right, but still. The only difference between us is that they can learn sorcery and witchcraft and I can't."

"Aren't those incredibly powerful arts?" Bruce asked.