Chapter 6

"So, I guess we're up next, huh?" Bruce said to Vance as they started to get ready.

He groaned, "I wanna go back to bed."

He laughed, "I do too, baby. Don't worry."

"When does it even start?"

"At twilight."

"That's so far away, can't we just sleep until then?"

"Her Majesty has been very kind to host our wedding here, in the palace! We should help them prepare."

"I guess when you put it like that, you have a point." He grumbled.

"Don't worry, we'll get plenty of time to sleep tonight."

"I don't want to just sleep though! You said we could make out with each other on the wedding night. If we're loud enough, everyone else will think we've consummated it!"

Just the frank tone was enough to make Bruce burst into laughter.

"What?"

"You're just funny, Vanny. That's all."

...

Bruce walked down the aisle with his father, wearing his house's cloak. Which was green with mountains and a yellow, rising run depicted on it. Wearing a cream-white tunic underneath. Vance wore a raven-black tunic with a blue cloak. His long hair was done in a half-up inner braid style.

(Their version of a half-up French braid)

He looked absolutely stunning in Bruce's opinion. Vance thought the same of him and smiled at him brightly with only his lips.

He and Vance stood side by side. Thomas took off his son's green cloak and let Vance put the blue one on him. It had a grey hare on it. Which complemented his cream-colored tunic.

"Your Majesty, Your Highnesses, Your Graces, my lords, my ladies; We gather here in the sight of men and the Eternal Eight. To witness the union of two men to become husbands."

He then got out a ribbon while the two held hands. He wrapped it around them.
"Two souls, two hearts, two bodies, bound into one. Now and forever."

"May the Eight bless and protect this union until the end of their days. And may they be reunited in the afterlife. Now look upon one another and say the words."

They said them at the same time. "Lyria, Harpius, Queen Lyria, Thalna, Maris, Menvera, Quirinus, Turan, Leinth. I am his, and he is mine. From this day until the end of my days. With this kiss, I pledge my love and loyalty to you."

Vance practically jumped into his arms. Kissing him deeply. Bruce instinctually put his hands on his waists. The people clapped. Yet another love match.

Once they were done, Vance turned to the crowd and held up Bruce's hand. Even the moon would envy the smiles worn on both of their faces.

...

"Oh, Lord and Lady Holland! It's good to see you guys." Vance greeted the old couple. Both with dark and short hair. He had a moustache and was stout. She was more slender with some curls in her locks. He was sitting at the front table in the very middle with Bruce on his right. And his family (Yamadas) on that side. They wore green clothing since it was their main color. On the remaining left was the royal family. Who was his only present kin as the Solarians were a cadet branch of the Stellarians, his ancestors. Billy was on Vance's other side. His husband Robin, was next to him. The couple wore red while Billy's family wore orange.

"You have our condolences on what happened to your daughter," Billy said, remembering the massacre.

The two looked very sad and almost regretful.

"Thank you, Your Highness. We just regret not having any more children. Our Barbara was incredibly lonely as a child."

"I understand, have you yet talked with Lord Hargrove here about succession?"

Vance looked at him, irritated. Not wanting to do official business on his special day.

War of the Haresजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें