𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔 → 𝐌𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐄 𝐊𝐍𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐋𝐄𝐒

Start from the beginning

Robotnik sniggered softly under his moustache, the inappropriate chuckle that couldn't be driven any further away from the current situation bleeding into a malicious cackle soon enough. Knuckles was stunned to see his throat was still able to produce the rather strong sound, grazed at the skin, and that his teeth weren't all smashed to smithereens from those punches. Some were left jagged from the impact, and maybe one or two were missing, but it was gravely less than what the furious echidna had anticipated.

Knuckles didn't intervene, letting Robotnik release what was clearly so muddled up in his torn chest it caused him to jitter beneath him. He kept himself pinned to the disloyal doctor, yet pulled himself up just a tad, and just enough for Robotnik to bring a gloved hand drenched in blood that weaved into little drizzles to the asphalt from the rainfall to rub more away from his face. His cheekbone and jawline were history, the skin to each ripped to shreds. Bruises already bloomed to the rest of his face, and he wiped more blood away from the corners of his mouth.

"Did you... really believe that would stop me?"

Knuckles hissed through his teeth still gleaming in perfect condition and from the precipitated gloss trickling from the tip of his nose. He drew his fists so far back they met his chest, his scarlet fur dampened and the pointed sculptures to where his very own knuckles sat beneath the glove dyed in the same murderous colour. Robotnik sniffed harshly, his words broken down through his inability to speak regarding the departure of wind out of his lungs and the uncontrollable powers that still pumped through his veins with tension.

The echidna could see in his past and sadly now present enemy's honed stare that felt like a sword crammed right through his body that the emerald's energy had possessed him again. Damn the doctor - promising the newly appointed guardian he would leave his villainous temptations to overpower every corner of the galaxy using the power of the most sought after gemstone ever to exist behind! Now look where the two of them were - battling it out so Knuckles could reclaim what his tribe's prophecies instructed to be rightfully his since Robotnik had let it loose once more.

He was ever so tired of this.

"I have plenty more tricks still up my sleeve that will certainly put an end to this." Knuckles hissed, a disconnected pronunciation of 'R' leaving the threatening statement on edge, the doctor's name tasting salty to the tongue and being a word the echidna vowed to avoid in speech.

Robotnik cackled again, and Knuckles could feel pressure directly pinned to the centre of his torso, the doctor laughing so viciously his body required to bend upward. He was becoming dreadfully sick of this, and he could feel rage that couldn't be left in its cage for much longer clawing away at the metal bars and tugging at them towards it to curve them out of shape and break free.

"DO NOT MAKE A FOOL OF ME!!" Knuckles finally had the courage to scream, his voice cracking at the higher notes, leaving Robotnik at a standstill.

"I cannot allow you to put anyone else in danger!! ESPECIALLY NOT (Y/N)!!!"

Robotnik became stunned to silence, in a way that seemed unpredictable. It felt acted, and that he had something planned with this being simply a distraction. That wicked smirk snuck across his face again, drooling in the crevasses with blood. Rainwater continued to drizzle down, washing it away just as more broke through. Knuckles kept his fists at the ready, and prayed deep in his chest they hovered before that the use of (Y/n)'s name in argument would put it to an end.

Because the wait; it was painful.

Robotnik's voice sounded as though it had been shredded through a synthesiser as he cackled, and he sternly allowed his gaze to be as widened as possible and glare as deep into Knuckles' uncomfortable soul as those beady eyeballs enslaved by godawful green would allow. The echidna edged back as the ground began to rumble, like another earthquake style attack was ready to break through the paving of the street and take him by surprise again, his shoulders and lower back still stinging from the last.