Chapter 22

I woke up the next morning curled up against Jackson and in my bed.
"hey, Jackson..wake up" I said, shaking him.
"hmm" he mumbled, turning over.
"I have to go visit Cameron in the hospital. you can stay here. I'll be back around 2" I said, in the process of getting changed.
"yeah, yeah, whatever" he said and pulled the covers over his head.
I applied light makeup and did my hair up in a bun.
"I'm leaving now, bye!" I yelled, walking through the long hallway.
I got in my car and put the keys in the ignition.
I drove down the highway and took a left into the hospital parking lot.
I stepped into the hospital, walking up to the reception desk.
"I'm here to see Cameron Dallas, I'm his wife. what room?" I asked.
"let me check" she said clicking away at on her computer.
"204" she replied, smiling at me.
"okay thanks" I replied and started making my way down to his room.
I slowly pushed open the door and saw him laying there peacefully.
I walked up to his bed and smiled. he was the love of my life. the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. he was the one for me and I was the one for him.
I sat down in the chair next to his bed and put my hand on his.
he mumbled a little bit and slowly opened his eyes.
"y/n..." he whispered.
"yeah Cameron, I'm here" I replied smiling.
"thank god, I was lonely last night" he said squeezing my hand.
"didn't Nash come back?" I asked him.
"no, no one was here last night. just some nurses" he replied shrugging.
"aw I'm sorry baby, I need sleep though. you know I would've stayed with you but I've been up for at least 24 hours straight. I couldn't sleep last night because I was thinking about you and if you would still be in that bed in the morning" I said, starting to tear up.
"shh, don't cry. I'm okay now. nothing's going to happen" he said, leaning over and kissing my forehead.
"be honest Cameron, did you know about my tumor" I asked.
"it doesn't matter right now. what matters is that I'm okay and your here with me. I don't want to talk about my tumor anymore" he said, patting the spot next to him, motioning for me to come lay with him.
I climbed into the small hospital bed with him and put the covers over me.
"hey, you can't be in the be-" the nurse started to say but changed her mind.
"you know what, never mind. you two stay there" she said and gave us a quick smile before leaving the room.
Cameron gave me a caring smile and then kissed my forehead.
"did they say when you can go home?" I asked him.
"they said around 2-3 days" he replied shrugging.
"okay, well that's good" I said.
silence fell between us and for the first time in a long time, the silence felt awkward.
"jackson's back" I said, breaking the silence.
"you mean, your best friend, Jackson?" he asked, turning his head so it's facing me.
"yeah" I said with a huge smile on my face.
"aw I'm so happy for you baby, I know you've missed him for so long" he said, hugging me tightly.
"well he's at the house right now so I probably should get going" I said, getting up off the bed.
"why are you always leaving me. I'm all alone here" he said.
"I can't just leave Jackson" I replied.
"oh but you can leave me...I get it" he said and looked down.
"Cameron you know I didn't mea-" I tried to say but he cut me off.
"just go" he said.
I opened the door and ran out crying.
Cameron has never been that selfish. my best friend was gonna for 2 years and that's how he treats me.
I got in my car and drove home. I don't know if I'll go visit him tomorrow.
I walked inside and Jackson was sitting on the couch, eating a sandwich.
"aye!" Jackson said getting up.
"hey" I said back, walking into the kitchen.
"how was your visit" he asked.
"didn't go as planned but whatever" I answered sighing.
"what happened" he asked.
"he got mad at me because I had to get home to spend time with you and he was upset that I wasn't spending time with him" I replied, sitting down on the counter.
"oh, I'm sorry y/n but it'll be okay, he'll forgive you. I have something that will cheer you up though!" Jackson said with a huge smirk on his face.
"what?" I said giggling.
"there's a party at my friend sams house at 9, wanna join?" he asked smiling.
"sure" I replied.
"aight, I gotta get going. I'll pick you up at 8:45 though, see ya then" he said and left.
it was only 5 so I had a few hours to relax and recover from Cameron's episode.
I laid down on the couch and soon after, fell asleep.
about 2 hours later, I woke up and it was 7:15 and I had to get ready.
I changed into a short black dress with black heels and put my hair in a messy bun.
I grabbed my purse off the counter and sat on the couch, waiting for Jackson.
little did I know, this would be the most dramatic and stressful night of my life.