Chapter 13

*3 years later*
it's been 3 years since the shooting and since I've seen the love of my life.
I sat in a cold jail cell with two teenagers that were scary as hell.
I wouldn't let jail change me like I've seen in movies..I needed to stay sane.
"Cameron Dallas, you have a visitor" they said unlocking the cell.
I walked down the hallway of the cold prison and was seated across from y/n.
"long time no see cam" she said placing her hands onto the table.
"y/n" was all I managed to say.
"listen, I came her for you, not me. I wanted to tell you, after 3 years, how much I love you. yeah u went insane but I know your not crazy. you were in pain. you suffered from my "death". I know your not crazy cameron and please prove to me that I'm right" she said staring into my eyes.
"y/n, I killed a man and injured an innocent woman. you think I'm not crazy? I'm fucking insane. nobody deals with a death like that" I said.
she stared at me long and hard.
"your not insane" she said and walked away.
I was brought back to my cell, when I noticed a letter in my pocket.
"dear cameron,
I know it's been three, long and terrifying years but I finally got up the courage to write this letter and come see you. Cameron, I love you so much, even after you did what you did. I wish I didn't "die" and I wish I didn't cause you the pain I did. you were mad and scared and were feeling emotions inside that no one should feel. you did something terrible in the act of being sad. I know your not crazy and I know you didn't mean anything that you did but I can't do this anymore. three years without you has been long enough. I miss you and I can't stand another day waiting for you to come out of jail. I need to move on. I need to live my life. I'm sorry cameron, I really am.
your first love,
y/n"
I put the note back into my pocket and put my head in my hands.
I grabbed the lamp next to me and threw it at the wall.
"you alright?" a guy in my cell said.
"if having your girlfriend rip your heart out of your chest is alright, then yeah" I said sitting back down.
"sorry man" he said and rolled back over.
I climbed into my bunk and read the letter again, before falling asleep.

I woke up in the middle of the night to an alarm going off.
"what's going on?" I asked one of my cell mates.
"no idea" he said getting dressed.
I jumped down from my bed and put on a white t-shirt.
"everybody in the main hall, no talking!" a guard said escorting us through the dark halls.
"everyone! listen up!" the officer said standing on a table.
"today is the annual release day....we have one for people who have progressed and shown that they have fixed themselves throughout the years. I'll announce the names and you'll meet your loved ones outside" he said smiling.
I was excited. I haven't done one thing to get me punished.
"Jason senar" "mike Thompson" "Kyle Stevens" "Nate linson" "Owen harpen" "Liam Scott" "Jim ratsen" and "Cameron Dallas" will all be released, congrats" he said stepping down off the table.
I grabbed my stuff from the cell and was escorted by a guard.
he took the handcuffs off my wrists and walked away.
I looked into the crowd of people waiting to pick up their loved ones.
I saw a familiar face. it was y/n.
I ran towards her, picked her up, and spun her around.
"Cameron!" she said hugging me tightly.
"y/n! I know we saw each other yesterday but I already missed you" I said.
"cmon, let's get you home" she said.
the car ride home was the most fun I've had in 3 years.
we laughed, we cried, we talked and I missed that. I missed everything about her. her smile, her touch, her laugh, and just her. she was everything to me.