Chapter 6

I woke up in his arms. I could feel his steady heartbeat against me. I was confused on why this was happening. It's been my dream since the 6th grade and now it's finally becoming a reality. I looked up at him and he looked so perfect and innocent. Just watching him sleep made me feel so alive. I've never felt this way before because I've never been able to. "How long have you been awake?" Cam asked wrapping his arms around you even tighter. "A couple minutes" I said as I got out of bed. I heard faint noises coming from the kitchen. Cam looked at me and he noticed I looked scared. "Shh, I'll be right back..stay here" he said as he grabbed a bat. "Please be safe..I can't lose you" I said sitting on the end of his bed. "You won't" he said as he slowly opened his bedroom door. I sat and waited with thoughts stirring in my head. The negative thoughts overpowered me, leaving no good thoughts to think about. I heard running up the stairs as I rushed to the closet for a place to hide. "y/n! oh god I can't lose you" he said searching the room. I opened the closet door slightly and pulled him in. "what happened?" I asked. "Two men, downstairs looking for things to take. I don't know how they found me..." he said trailing off. "What? Who found you? What's going on?" I said nervously. He led me out of the closet and near his window. "Jump" he said opening it. "Jump?! are you crazy?" I asked backing away. "It's either get killed in here or break an arm..you pick" he said grabbing your hand. "okay" I said inching closer. I looked down and positioned myself. I counted in my head and jumped. A rush went through my body and then pain. I curled my legs into my chest and shut my eyes.