complicated

Frida was sitting in the dining room, with a large piece of cake in front of her. It was 1:10 a.m., she has just arrived from her birthday party, and she was craving more cake. She had her feet perched on another chair, while she with a fork she ate almost desperately. "What are you doing?" Lotta asked, as she was just on her way to the kitchen.

"I'm eating, we brought cake, it's in the kitchen," she replied with her mouth full. Lotta looked at her strangely, her mom wouldn't be eating calories at that time of the night. "What are you doing awake at this hour?" Frida frowned, remembering how late it was.

"It's Saturday, we're allowed to be up," Lotta reminded her, Frida nodded. "I'll go get a drink and then I'll sleep," she added.

Frida continued eating the cake. Then, she was interrupted again by the presence of Benny, who was already wearing his pajamas, unlike her who was still wearing her dress clothes. "What are you doing?" He stopped in front of her confused.

"Is that the only thing you guys know how to ask?" She questioned, taking the fork out of her mouth.

"Why?" Benny asked, then grabbed her feet and sat on the chair, placing them on his lap, he was tempted by them, as always.

"Since you're here, we have a pending conversation," Frida pointed out, falling silent when she noticed Lotta coming out of the kitchen.

"I'll go to sleep now," Lotta said, knowing she was interrupting something, but from Benny's face even he looked like she had saved him. He got up from the chair and went to her.

"I'll walk you, little one," he said trying to get away from Frida.

"Göran Bror Benny Andersson, come back here!" Frida warned him, as usual. Benny stopped, Lotta followed her path as soon as possible, avoiding any claim from her mother.

"What happened?" He turned around slowly, managing to look at her.

"Our conversation, come here," she called out to him.

"Anni-Frid," he sighed and looked at the clock on the wall. "Look at the time, it's 1:30 a.m., I don't think we're in a position to talk, and you particularly have to sleep," he tried to justify.

"I'm not sleepy, come," she invited him back. "We can talk all night." Benny sighed and obeyed, teething on the chair in front of her, he crossed both hands and stared at her, the truth is that he was already intimidated by her challenging gaze.

"Well, what do you want to talk about?"

"Mona..." Frida said without hesitation. "Why she?" She questioned him.

"I still don't understand what you mean, what does Mona have to do with all this?"

"You think I haven't noticed, but from day one I sensed that she could be a headache for me, and she is," she was honest.

"She shouldn't be a headache for you, she and I are just friends and will be forever," he explained.

"OK. Forever," she pointed. "Why did you run to tell her about my pregnancy?" She claimed.

"Why did you run to tell Ragnar? You're accusing me, but you basically did the same thing."

"It has not point of comparison. Ragnar is the father of my children, don't forget, besides, he could guide me better to tell the children about the pregnancy," she defended herself.

"He's the father of two of your children and it's very uncomfortable that you've built up that trust with him so soon, when with me it has taken you a while, I'm even still trying to get your trust," Benny confessed.

"You say I don't trust you?" She frowned. "Benny, you even impregnated me, isn't it trust? And why have you taken so much confidence in Mona? To the point of telling her about the pregnancy. What I know is that we are not her friends, I am not and I am not interested in being," she reproached him back.