Am I Falling In Love?

Going upstairs, Frida found Heléne just coming out of her bedroom. "Good morning," she said turning towards her.

"Good morning," Frida opened the door to her bedroom and entered followed by Heléne, who immediately made herself comfortable on the bed. Frida didn't want to say anything, she didn't want to be rude either, but didn't understand her actions. Heléne stared at her and got under the sheets, Frida began to look for her underwear in the drawers.

"Need help?" Heléne asked her, despite everything Frida could only use one hand.

"I'm fine," she replied.

"Hmm... okay," she began to pry the cuticle from her nails with her own fingers. "Hey, mom's coming to pick us up in a bit," she added.

"Are you leaving, too?" Frida stopped putting the clothes she would wear on the bed and looked at her.

"Yes, I actually live with mom but sometimes I come and spend weeks here, it's kind of like shared guardianship. Peter does live here," she explained.

"Does that mean Benny and I will be alone?" Frida asked somewhat nervous, she thought that at least Heléne and Peter would be in the house with them.

"Yes, but it is not the first time," Heléne sat up and looked at her. "You always enjoyed being alone, what's more, you prayed for it to come every day that we weren't here," she joked.

"Sure," Frida smiled nervously. "But this time it's different, I can't remember anything."

"Don't worry about it, Benny isn't going to rape you or anything," Heléne joked again. "If he starts getting naughty, tell him your have headache and voila." Frida turned red as a tomato, receiving those advice from her husband's daughter was not the most comfortable thing in the world either.

"It's weird you're saying that to me," she laughed.

"You said it once, I am literally giving you your own advice," Heléne replied.

"Really? I can't believe I was giving those advices," she shook her head and stepped into the closet. After a minute of silence, Frida came out of the closet again and looked at Heléne who was brushing her hair with one of her combs, "Am I a good stepmother?" She said in a more serious tone. She turned around and looked at her, she was somewhat confused and she didn't know what she expected her to answer.

"Sure yes, why?"

"I want you to answer me with the truth, not because I'm here, tell me if I was," Frida insisted.

"You have been very good, I swear to you. We've always gotten along well, ever since we met you," she confessed.

"Good mother?" She asked again.

"Hmm..." Heléne thought about it for a moment. "The best for your children, that is, you have had differences but the normal ones I assume," she told her so as not to go into too much detail.

"Okay," Frida replied in a low voice, not so convinced of the response she received. "Good wife?" She asked her last.

"The best wife. Sometimes you get really mad at Benny but I've always agreed with you," she explained.

"Do we fight a lot?"

"Depends, normal? But usually it's because of something he does wrong, because everything about him is wrong, so, you have every reason to argue."

"You mean they are frequent..."

"No, I mean they are totally justified," Heléne responded quickly. Frida bit her lip and took a deep breath, she didn't know what to expect and that caused her anxiety. Heléne smiled to show her that everything was fine, she didn't want to upset her either but she thought about it late. They had a conversation for a while longer until Benny arrived, then Frida would be tested the moment they left, she didn't know if she would resist being alone with Benny for a weekend.