chapter twenty six

Start from the beginning

Sighing and heading to transfiguration alone, Nora sat in the corner like usual, saying hello to her old imaginary friend while she witnessed Snape deciding where to go. Quickly grabbing her bag and putting it on the chair, Severus rolled his eyes, looking at Nora with sad eyes.

"Keep walking greaseball." Nora waved a goodbye, shaking her head. Severus groaned, grabbing her bag and putting onto the floor. "That is a violation of my space!" Nora gritted; grabbing them from him.

"You're a bitch."

"You're one to talk." Nora scoffed, calling him an idiot and hearing him mumble things.

"Mr.Snape and Miss.Black, i would appreciate it if you two didn't say such vulgar things to one another in my classroom." Jumping up from their seats and turning around, Nora awkwardly smiled when she saw her transfiguration professor right behind them.

"Oh uh, sorry professor." Nora mumbled, looking at Snape who wasn't going to apologize until Nora hit his leg with her leg. "Right... sorry?" It almost looked like Severus was going to barf as he said sorry, looking at Nora, giving him a thumbs up.

McGonagall sighed as she looked at the two and knew they were going to cause trouble, turning to see James, Sirius and Pettigrew come through the doors with their bags. "Mr. Snape I'm moving you." McGonagall declared, yelling out James' name to come over to them.

"Professor please— I rather have the greaseball than—"

"Mr. Potter, you'll be sitting with Miss. Black today. We'll be doing the package today anyways and you need to focus with your studies." McGonagall smiled, looking at Nora and Severus.

"This is your fault." Nora said to Snape, trying to hear what James was saying. Receiving the middle finger as Snape got up, Nora moved her seat a little as James put his book bag down and sighed.

"Did something happen between regulus and Sirius again?" James asked in a serious tone, leaning a little towards Nora with a concerned look.

Nora shrugged her shoulders, they were always going to be fighting no matter who Sirius was with, but Nora wondered if Regulus wanted to pick a fight because James was there with him.

"Don't worry about those two, they'll never be at peace with one another." Nora said, opening her package booklet to do for the rest of the class. James decided to drop the conversation, mumbling a part of the lesson as he tried to not look at his notes and see if he could complete those two questions.

For James, it was impossible, but for Nora, she was dying to say the answer for the poor lad, knowing she had to let him figure it out on his own, pressing her lips together.

Nora thought she was sleeping for a second, noticing how the classroom was so quiet while McGonagall was at her desk marking things and answering questions from students.

"Is McGonagall married?" Nora asks James, turning to look at him as he gave up on the package. "I'm assuming." James mumbled a little bit, not actually knowing that answer. "Has she never told you?" Nora asked him, looking back at the professor and trying to figure it out.

"No, she hasn't." James mumbled. Nora didn't read too much into it as she began to do her package once again, seeing James still stare at their professor. "Potter, stop, it looks like you're obsessed with her." Nora warned; hitting his shoulder and making him snap out of it.

James mumbled something as he rubbed his arm, not realizing Nora had such a stop hit. "Have you ever considered karate?" James asks her, grabbing his quill and pretending to write. Nora had her face screw up, confused as to what that word even was.