"Where are we going?" I ask, searching through my many sweaters, anime merch, church attire, sleep wear, and lazy clothes. There's some casual wear, but those correlate with my sweaters.

"Out. I might be a minute or two late," she answers, with short replies, not wanting to give anything anyway.

I groan into my closet. If only I could just walk in and back out with an outfit chosen for me. The clock reads 1:12pm- Madaline should have a free period right about now. I think for a second, wondering if I should hang up on Scarlette. I like her presence on the phone, but I need advice...I'll see her soon anyway, right?

"Hey, I'm going to hang up for a second. Is that okay?" I ask her. Hanging up without saying anything is rude, plus I don't want her thinking anything is wrong. Well...seriously wrong.

"Do what you will. Don't forget about me, Nol."

I smile and hang up after wishing her another goodbye. It didn't last long as I went back to freaking out about a simple outfit. My phone rings, waiting for my, most likely , sleeping friend to pick up. She answers after the fifth ring, a yawn filling the silence.

"Yello?" she says, her hello sounding slurred.

"Are you in class right now? I don't want to be a bother," I question. Her studies are important, even if she does sleep through half of them.

"Nope, what do ya need?"

I glance back at the horror of my closet, then at the time on my phone. Scarlette said ten minutes but she'll be a little late. How long has it been since then?

"Scarlette called- she's coming to pick me up and won't tell me where we're going. I don't know what to wear, and I need your expertise," I ramble.

Madaline squeals into the phone making me cringe a little. She continues this for a little more before settling down.

"I never thought I'd see the day where my best friend needs help for a date! My baby is growing up!"

"Madaline," I urge.

"Sorry, sorry. Answer my video call."

Madaline's face shows up on my screen and I accept her call. She motions for me to show her my closet, so I flip my camera around. I stand back a little to make it easier for her to see everything.

"Wear that purple sweater over a white-collared shirt. Scarlette likes purple and it's more your style."

I move to grab the clothes and put them nicely on my bed. Staring back at my closet, I choose a pair of loose, tan cargo pants. Madaline approves of my choice and tells me to wear white shoes.

"Did you shower?"

"Of course."

"Okay, well get dressed. I need to see you style your hair."

I salute Madaline then hurry up to change into the new clothes. I decide to put on purple, anime socks to match my sweater. Madaline tells me to brush my hair back, then run my hands through it a few times. I do that and end up spraying some cologne on me. I re-brush my teeth and use mouthwash to get the smell of chips out my breath.

"When did she say she'd be there?" Madaline asks, making me check the time again. It's been about twenty minutes since I called her- Scarlette should be here soon. I tell this to Madaline who ends up telling me to call her later with details and pictures. Well, she screamed it. She seems more excited than me.

We hang up with goodbyes, and I move downstairs with my phone and keys. As I make it to the last step, the doorbell rings. I stop, let out a breath, and walk to the door. Opening it immediately would make it seem like I waited for her- which I did, but I should still wait a second. The doorbell rings again making that idea fly right out the window. I open the door with a nervous smile on my face.