Chapter Four: Prince

I crossed the basketball in between my legs effortlessly as I mapped out in my mind how I was about to shake this nigga that was blocking me off. The nigga could ball but he wasn't as good as me. I had a couple of scouts come to my basketball games during the school year and told me I was good enough to go pro. A part of me wanted to go to college first and at least have what I felt would be a plan b degree. Niggas in the league fuck up their knees and can no longer play and then be trying to figure out what to do with their life. That wasn't going to be me. But none of that shit mattered at this point with my pops down my throat about taking over. He was walking around the house as if nothing happened. My mom continued to look at me with sympathy in her eyes that I very obviously ignored. Don't pity me. She wasn't going to say anything to him about how he spoke to me just like the rest of these niggas wouldn't. They all fear him. It's more of a respect thing for me. My pops gave me anything I've ever asked for. The last thing I want to do is bite the hand that fed me. I asked Rah to bring me to one of the basketball courts in Brooklyn that I typically go to. I try to keep a low profile but niggas can't help but stare when I pull up places. I always have a security team with me. We always pull up in one of the many trucks we own. I was a rich nigga and these bum niggas envied that. I was just trying to live life but I wasn't ignorant to the point of not realizing I was a walking lick.

"You buggin' if you think you makin' it past me nigga," the dude said, talking shit.

"Tuh! I don't need to make it past you to score, bitch ass nigga."

I did a quick pump fake into a step-back dribble for a fadeaway. I watched as the ball flew through the air and then went smoothly through the net.

"Like water baby," I said with a cocky grin. The nigga and his team all sucked their teeth. 

"Why the fuck do you even come down here yo? Don't you got a court in that penthouse you livin' in?" He asked.

"Why does that matter?"

"It matters 'cause niggas like you don't need to be around niggas like us. You think you better than us or some shit?"

I laughed. "In basketball? Absolutely nigga. You're trash and no amount of money would change that for you, unfortunately."

"Oh, so you tryna be funny?"

He stepped to me, getting in my face. My jaw clenched up tight as I stood my ground. This wasn't the first time and won't be the last that a nigga felt like he had to prove some shit by thinking he could beat my ass. Whether he was proving it to himself or whoever he was around didn't make a difference to me. My mother had me take up boxing and my hands were licensed so I tried to avoid conflict as much as possible. But after that bull shit with my pops, I was on edge. And this weak nigga with his bruised ego was just what I needed to get pushed over it. 

"This ain't what you want, lil nigga. I don't give a fuck who your father is. I'll fuck you and his old ass up."

Not thinking, I hauled off and snuffed dude in his mouth. He fell over to the ground, spitting the blood out of his mouth that formed from the blow. 

"Bitch," was all he said before his crew started charging toward me. I put my guard up, ready to fight off every single one of them if I had to. Suddenly, Rah was standing in front of me with his gun pointed at them. 

"Let's all calm the fuck down, aight? Unless a muh fucka' tryna make my day."

They all put their hands in the air in surrender and started to back away. I eyeballed all of them, my jaw still tight. They went to the other side of the court and started a new game but something told me that wasn't the last I was going to hear about them. Rah turned to look at me and shook his head.