Girl

F e b r u a r y

I want to ask Sierra out on a little date but I'm not sure if she even likes me. I haven't had a hang out with her in weeks and I missing her now. RJ picks on me for it, basketball season is coming to an end in a month or two.

I have a game tonight , I scored a lot points including RJ. The rival team is close in score they're really good.

We are playing and one of the players tripped me. I fall onto the floor and the ref blows the whistle. I fell onto my knee, I hold my knee laying on my back.

People come to me and help me up. I can still play but the same player keeps fouling me. He got mad that the ref saw what he did so he pushes me. RJ comes about to hit the dude someone pulled him back. The players come in front of me the refs had to break up the little fight on the court.

"Dickhead." He says to me and I laugh, we have 30 seconds left in the game and I had the ball.

He shoots and he scores, a three pointer.

I flip him off as the players cheer with me.

The players that have girlfriends came out on the court at the very end when people are leaving. I look around, RJ notice that I'm looking around almost like I'm looking for someone.

"What you doing?"

"Oh nothing." I say wiping my forehead off from the sweat. I look down as he walks to the locker rooms.

I go into the locker room, changing into some sweatpants and a shirt. I put my backpack on while walking back to the court.

The players were still talking to their girlfriends, one turns to me and says something.

"Dylan where's that girl you constantly talk about?" He asks me with a little chuckle, I look down he stops laughing.

"Probably doing homework." I say to him walking away from the others.

Kind of bummed but at least we won the game tonight. Maybe she didn't want to come because Emily or she is actually doing homework.

I walk out putting my head phones on, I'm walking in the lobby. Someone taps my shoulder, I stop walking.

"RJ if you're just going to pick on me-"

"I'm not RJ man." I hear her voice and I turn around quickly.

"You were good, I saw that three pointer." She says to me pushing my arm back.

"He shoots he scores." She says pretending to shoot a ball, with a smile on her face.

"I didn't know if you were here."

"Yea I was in the back so if that girl was there she wouldn't see me." She says laughing and I nod my head. I give her a hug and she was surprised but she taps my back and rubs it.

"Umm sorry about that." I say pulling away, looking to the side.

"What are you doing later?" I ask her holding onto the straps of my book bag.

"Homework, then sleep."

"That's it."

"Yes I do this everyday, I'm pretty boring so I don't know why you hang with me."

"Great topic, when are we hanging out again?"

"You want to hang out with me?" She says softly while pointing to herself.