Who?

I'm sitting at a party my friend invited me to. Do I like partying?, is that the question?

No I don't like them but I go just to make my annoying friends happy. I did my little dance now I'm done, tired if you ask me. Burnt out, exhausted, powered down, too much? but I needed to sit down.

"Dylan!" I hear my friend say my name, I slowly look over to him.

"Hottie alert." He says with his arm on my shoulder pointing to this girl talking with her friends. She's cute I guess but she isn't my type.

"Who's that girl, she's so-"

"Can you shut the hell up." I say laughing at him he stops singing.

"She's coming over here." He says tapping my arms over and over, her and her friends stop near us.

The girl I kind of like is in the friend group she's the shy one. If she were in a movie they would choose her as the nerd the quiet nerd.

But in my eyes she's smart, cool, likes to read and play volleyball in her free time. To herself, awkward but it's cute and her shyness is so funny. She cracks jokes here and there, which makes me laugh all the time. Enough about her before I talk my head off.

I look over to her she looks away tapping her finger on her hand.  I look down smiling a little bit, the main girl that walked them over here speaks.

"Hey RJ, wondering if you guys wanting to leave this party and come to my place." She says looking dead at my friend, I don't even want to look over to see his face right now.

"We're goo-"

"We'll go." He says to her my jaw drops, the other girls laugh.

The girl he was looking at early starts talking, guess she's like a leader of this little group.

"Emily." She says to us we both nod our head.

"Hey Dylan." My lovely little crush says to me, her name is Sierra.

"Hi Sierra." I say to her she nods her head with a faint smile on her face.

We go to the girl's house, they are partying it up in here. It's crazy there are a couple more guys in here, I go to the bathroom.

I come out wiping my hands on my shirt trying to find the area I was just in before hand. Emily sees me she waves her hand for me to come closer.

"So what's your name?" She asks me.

"Dylan." She nods her head looking behind herself.

"Anyways we should totally hang one day." She says to me drinking out of her cup, I nod my head wanting to wrap this conversation up.

This conversation ended up lasting about 5 more minutes. She's a talker versus myself and I thought I could talk. Boy wait till you meet her and her drinking whatever it was in that cup didn't help.

Months go by, I really like Sierra now.
I can't get her off of my mind.

I'm sitting beside her now in the library. I have my hand rested under my chin while glancing down at a book I'm reading. I glance to her for a second she hasn't notice. She put on her glasses so she could read the books a little bit better. I look down over to her reading her book.