Chapter 67: Robin&Max

Começar do início

El was hesitant but didn't have a choice.

Max's pov

I skated to Steve's place. I didn't know where to go. I wanted to go to the park el and I always go to but I went to Steve's instead. In case people think I'm dead. Not that anyone gives a shit about me.

I knocked on his door. No response. I mean, it was 9 am. It's reasonable. I knocked again. Finally someone opened it. It was Robin. Really sleepy. Her hair was all messy.

"what is it? Why are you here aren't you supposed to be at school?" Robin tiredly and slowly said, her eyes were still shut. Oh god. I think I came to the wrong place.

"I am but-" I said. She finally opened her eyes. Her eyes began to look worried when she saw me. My face was red from crying. "oh my god are you okay?" Robin said.

She opened the door and I walked in. "I-I just had the worst day" I said sitting on the couch. Robin sat next to me, her arm on my shoulder. "why? What happened?" she asked.

I looked at her. I couldn't hold it in anymore. I started crying again. She immediately pulled me into a hug. I just cried and cried. She hugged me tightly letting me cry.

"what is it max?" Robin softly asked, still hugging me. I let out a sob. "El broke up with me" I cried out. "what?" she whispered. She pulled away. "why?" she asked.

"El wanted to cuddle me in the field before the bells rings but we couldn't since people would judge us. I then said to do it and it was fine. She accepted. But of course people were staring at us in disgust and started calling us slurs and stuff. El ran into the bathroom. I-I went there to comfort her but instead she pushed me away. She said she's tried of them and-" I said.

"and she broke up with you because of that?" Robin asked. I nodded. She looked away from me in disbelief. "god.. I'm so sorry I just-I can't believe this" Robin quietly said. I was still crying.

She hugged me again. "Won't the school call Joyce or hopper?" Robin asked after a minute as she pulled away. "probably but I don't care I just wanted to disappear and I did, I'm sorry I woke you up" I said.

"it's fine, don't worry about it" she said smiling at me. "is Steve sleeping? " I asked. I finally calmed down a little. "Yeah" Robin said.

"do you want me to wake him up?" she asked. "No it's alright" I said. Robin nodded.

Hopper's pov

I got a call from school saying they max didn't come to school. What? I called Joyce. "hey Joyce?" I said. "yeah, what is it? Is everything okay" she asked. "Is max with you?" I asked. The first thought I had is that maybe max is sick and didn't go to school. Well the other thought.. I just prayed it wasn't it.

"No? Why?" she said. My heart dropped. "I just got a call from the school saying max isn't there" I said. "what? I dropped will, el and max off to school" she said. "Shit.. She just have sneaked out. Oh god, what happened" I said.

"Is el at school?" Joyce asked. "I think so, the principal said only max isn't at school, he didn't say anything about el" I said. "wait... Do you think..?" Joyce asked. "there's no other explanation but I don't know, I'm gonna go find her" I said.

"no it's alright hop I'll go, get to work. I'm sure she's fine, I don't want you to worry" Joyce said. "okay.. okay thank you.. Please call me when you find her and if she's fine" I said getting worried. "Of course" she said and hung up.

Joyce's pov

I hung up and immediately left of work. Where could she be? I didn't know where she could be. I drove over at the wheeler's. Maybe Nancy knows?

Karen must have been at work so Nancy opened the door. "oh hi Mrs. Byers what brings you here?" Nancy asked confused. "is max here?" I asked. She frowned.

"no? Why? Is she okay? Isn't she at school" Nancy asked. "No, the school called and said she's not at school even though I did drop them all off in the morning she must have sneaked out." I said. "Something must have happened since el is at school, maybe they got into a fight I don't know but I'm worried" I said.

"okay, do you want me to call Steve? To see if she's there" Nancy asked. "yes please, I don't have their numbers" I said. We walked inside as Nancy dialed Steve's number.

"hey Steve?" Nancy said. "Oh Robin? Hi, I'm sorry if I woke you up but is max there?" Nancy asked.

Robin's pov

Nancy called me to ask if max is here. I looked over at max. She didn't say anything.

"she has to know" I mouthed to max. She sighed annoyed. Was that a yes or a no? I can't really tell max.

"um.. Yeah she's here" I said. There was a silence. "hello?" I asked. "I'm here, why is she there, Joyce is worried" Nancy said.

I looked at max. "uhh it's a bit hard to explain-" I said. "Fine we'll come here" Nancy said. Max shook her head sharply. "oh um, it's okay im here with her, you don't have to-" I said but Nancy already hung up.

"Robin!" max said. "what was I supposed to do max? Obviously Joyce would look for you after sneaking out of school and get worried" I said. "yeah but you told her I'm fine so I told you not to let them come here" max said.

"no you didn't" I said. Max rolled her eyes. "whatever, she would come anyway" max said. "Exactly so stop whining red" I said. That's her nickname. She hates it but it's fine.

She sighed loudly. I saw her staring on the ground, zoning out. I walked over and sat next to her. "Hey.. It's gonna be fine.. I'm sure el will come-" I said. "she won't plus I'm too upset and mad to deal with her I just still can't believe what just happened" max said.

"It was my fault.." she quietly said. "what do you mean?" I asked. "I was the one who insisted on her hugging me in public" she said.

"No it's not! You shouldn't have to go though they. People suck. El was probably just upset and nervous and that's why she said all those things-" I said.

"I could tell she wanted to break up. The look on her face. It's like she was telling me they it's my fault or that she's embarrassed being with me. Since that's why people bully us so yeah Robin.. It's my fault el doesn't deserve any of this" she said.

"I understand both of you, but still, el shouldn't have broken up with you just because of that but I'm sure she didn't mean to. Max she loves you" I softly said. She looked at me. "I don't think she does anymore" she said. "of course she does max" i said.

"doesn't seem like it" she said. She was right. I felt so bad. She was heart broken. I felt that.

1946 words. To be continued..