14. The surprise

Start bij het begin

"Yes, you're right. I'm going to take a shower and get dressed."

"OK, I'm going to take a shower in the other bathroom too. Then I'll make breakfast."

"What time should we be at the agency?"

At 12.30 we have to be there already. We have to wait for the right time to go in."

"OK. I'll go."

"Good, I'll wait for you at the table."

Sanem ran off and immediately came back to kiss Can on the cheek, then she quickly ran to the bathroom. Can smiled and watched her run away.

30 mintues later he had already dressed and set the breakfast table outside, given the sunny day. He was just curious to see which outfit his wife had decided to wear. For their return to the agency as heads of the company after about two years apart, and for the meeting with family and friends, they had decided to dress in a special way. Each in their own bathroom, they carefully chose their accessories and hair styles, without the other knowing anything. They had not coordinated. There was no need. After all, it was their souls that were well 'matched' to each other. And although they had never agreed on their outfits, they knew that in spite of everything, something would be unintentionally or intentionally matched. While fooling the wait, Can checked his phone in case there were any calls or messages from Mihriban. So far nothing.

Just as well, he thought to himself: that means everything is running smoothly.

At that moment Sanem arrived. In the end he had chosen a silk, off-the-shoulder, white, long dress with a slit that reached up to mid-thigh. On top she had paired a long, white, see-through jacket that allowed a glimpse of the dress underneath, to which she had combined a fine belt at the waist with a silver pandant buckle with an ethnic silver necklace with several pendants representing the symbols most important to her and Can. These included the Albatross and the Phoenix, but also her and Can's initials and much more. A star, a flame, and a wave of the sea. A boat. A book, a goose feather, an anchor, a small reproduction of her amber pendant and so on. And the pendants could always increase. It was a very large necklace that nicely occupied the space of the 'V' neckline of her dress. It was all part of her. She wore her history with Can. Moreover, that was a special gift her husband had had made to an artisan in Ecuador before arriving in the Galapagos, so it was invaluable to her. She also wore small silver earrings with a Phoenix feather pendant and many silver bracelets accumulated during their travels.

Her hair was loose and natural. Rebellious, but chic. She wore her uniform on her left side, and her hair was shifted all over her right shoulder, allowing a glimpse of her earrings. On one lock, Sanem had hung the Albatross clip, to which the Phoenix clip had also been added en route. Obviously on the ring finger of her left hand was her wedding ring and engagement ring. She also wore the moonstone ring under her dress, but she never showed it, not because she was ashamed of it, on the contrary! But because that ring had a very personal and special meaning for her, and was meant to be close to her heart. Keeping it there meant protecting her love for Can.

To complete the dress, Sanem wore sandals with long laces, laced along the entire calf height. That white Roman Empire-style dress brought out her tan. She was a goddess! Can was speechless for a moment. Then looking at her closely, he realised that he was right. In her style, there was everything about her and him. He smiled and thought that they were a match! Evidently they had thought the same thing when choosing the outfit. Telling about themselves. Sanem also looked at Can and smiled.

Can was wearing a white linen shirt, the first three buttons of which he had left unbuttoned, which highlighted his pronounced tan and obviously his marble pecs, adorned with a few ethnic wooden and silver necklaces purchased during their sailing, among them, however, there was one that had always been around his neck, namely the necklace of the Albatross.