One Seventy One

Do you ever feel like you want to become a new person?
I don't know how you all will answer that but for me, I do.

Let me tell you a bit of a story about my childhood. I grew up thinking I am ugly. The reason for my poor self-image is because of people's insults and judgements towards my physical appearance. I am young and I have no one to make me believe I am not so, I ended up believing them.

For years I suffered with low self-esteem and insecurity. I always cried because I am so sensitive. I have felt the feeling of being sick of myself. I don't wanna be me, I wanna be someone else. So, I became very imaginative. It sounds crazy but in those times, I lived as if I had my own world I created in my mind. That kind of became my escape every time I got sad. I remember, I had some classmates that told me that they saw me laughing alone. They didn't know that I am starting to imagine things again.

But all that suffering stops when I decide to change myself. If I would go back to those times I would tell myself,
"You'll eventually get prettier in 12th Grade because of your small magical weapon".

I will tell you a story with what I call a "small magical weapon". I have changed so much ever since I got it. I remember I bought it for my Filipino Video Presentation. But I ended up not using it for that, I used it instead to get my life better.

It is an eyebrow powder. Haha! I didn't know I would change so much after buying eyebrow powder. I had an eyebrow pencil before and sometimes I did my eyebrows when I was in 11th Grade but stopped because I like my eyebrows thin. But, for some reason, I ended up liking it in my 12th Grade and finally, I appreciate myself. After that, I started seeing changes in me.

In changing yourself, all you need is you. A change of mindset is everything. How you think will be your most important weapon. That's why I considered my eyebrow powder as my small magic weapon because it changed the way I think. So go on, change yourself if you aren't happy with yourself. I'll be there with you. Let's start this journey together and I will gladly give you my helping hands.

- kiii