23 | Fuck Mason Mount.

Start from the beginning

Knock knock knock kno

"Ok! Fuck sake I'm coming!" I heard Willow's voice muffle through the door. She opens the door and immediate surprise flushed her face at the sight of me. "Nora? What are you—" She paused, immediately knowing something was wrong.

She went to go ask what happened before I squeezed past her and dashed to her room, "I need to change." I said masking any sort of vulnerability.

"Fuck the heels," I mumbled under my breath as I was hopping on one foot trying to take these death traps that are called heels off and quickly shuffled through her closet to find something comfy to wear. I found a nice pink oversized hoodie to replace the incredibly tight dress. I could feel Willow's presence by the door watching me attentively. She knows I hate talking about my feelings and is giving me time to cool down which I appreciated, but I'm not telling her what happened anytime soon, I just need to get my mind off things.

I undressed in front of her, not giving a single shit anymore and threw on some tracksuit pants as well. "I can't keep expecting so much from you only to end in heartbreak."  his words invaded my mind and the tears began rolling back again. I looked past Willow to where the kitchen was behind her but I could see in the corner of my eye how concerned she looked for me.

I hate pity.

"I need a drink," I muttered and brushed past her again to the kitchen where I rummaged through her cupboards in desperate need of alcohol.

I need to get this out of my head.

I need him to get out of my head.

God it hurts so much!

My vision became blurry as more tears threatened to spill. I couldn't even see what was in the cupboard anymore and just picked whatever felt like a bottle. I attempted to twist the bottle cap but my grip wasn't strong enough, making me grow frustrated and slam the bottle down on the counter, "URGH!" I looked around the kitchen trying to ignore Willow's stare, "I need a bottle opener—" I sniffed trying to suck the tears back in.

"Nora, you're doing it again—" she placed her arm on my shoulder to stop me from doing anything more. That was when reality set in and the tears became unbearable. I looked up blinking a few times as my lips kept quivering. I can't cry, I can't cry... "Hey, seriously.. What's the matter?" She puts both hands on my shoulders and made eye contact with me for the first time tonight.

She saw my distressed look, the puffy eyes, red nose and my overall exhausted expression. Her entire face screamed pity and I immediately wiped my eyes and hardened my face. She dragged me down to take a seat and grabbed a glass of water, sitting opposite me.

I didn't know what to say. It felt almost humiliating to share what happened, I mean— I just got rejected. My biggest fear came to life tonight and I knew the risks, but I still decided to take it thinking nothing bad would happen.. And here I was in the most vulnerable state Willow has ever seen me in. She was probably expecting a different outcome for tonight and is instead given this...

this...

"I told him how I felt.." I blurted out, the pain amplifying at my words.

"So you do have feelings for him?" I always knew I did but I felt so comfortable in the denial that I didn't want to admit it— I still don't want to admit it..

"Yes—" I took a pause to compose myself, "but when I saw him he was having a moment with another girl and—" I swallowed my hurt, "I thought maybe she's just a friend or family member so I figured it still wouldn't hurt to tell him.." I risked a quick glance at Willow's reaction expecting her to have a disapproving look, but she masked any of her emotions and sat attentively, encouraging me to keep going.