Prologue

"So Miss Dutta, there have been rumors that you dated a boy named Ryan when you were young and that's who your 1st mini album 'Driven Away' is?" said Mrs. Stacy in an interview. 

"Uhh yeah... You know it's funny how you're asking me that today. Just a few days ago I actually dreamt about it." I replied as the interview ended with that last question. 

I got out of the live room or the interview room and straight into my car. I asked my driver to play my favorite song. While my manager kept talking about my next show and the following big interview, I kept thinking about the times when I was in the happiest state of my life, those years ago that I still dream about. Nothing, not even 100 million streams of my songs on Spotify would make me happier than I used to be when I was his. 

That night after dinner I came down to the studio to write a new kind of song but all that came into my mind were heartbroken lyrics that reminded me of him. After that, I think I fell asleep on my couch inside the studio.  

When I woke up I found a newspaper on my table. It said, "Who is this mysterious past lover who shattered singer-songwriter Nini's life so severely that she wrote an entire album about it within three hours?" 

 The more I thought about it, the more my heart ached. He was there somewhere, probably reading this article, he might've also seen the interview from the day before. Maybe somewhere, he was hurting too. Maybe it's just me and my sensitive heart.  

What we had can't be expressed in words. What I felt was so much more than even love. What I dreamt of was a lifetime with him. After which we'd blemish into eternity together. I never regretted one moment spent with him as his sweetheart, his honeydew. 

What was there in Ryan that made me fall for him harder than Tessa fell for Hardin?  How did movies like 'Flipped' which made no sense before, become my reality? 

His dark eyes did spread a cold melancholy in the wind. His embrace felt like the warmest veil in the middle of the Arctic. 

Would I ever be able to move on? Would he come back to me?? 

-----