☾ 28 | Love and Friendship

Voldemort smiles from ear to ear. His eyes lighting up like stars when he sees the three of you before him. But a look of disgrace casts over his eyes when he sees Snape besides Harry. "I should've known you are a traitor Snape." Voldemort hisses out the man's name cruelly. Snape makes change of facial expression with his wand pointed forward. 

"Leave. This is a fight between me and the children." Voldemort spits out, anger fueling in his eyes. Snape remains rooted to his spot. He parts his lips to speak before slowly stepping aside. "I'm interfering if things turn for the worst. I won't let you have your way Tom Riddle." Snape speaks in a slow and low tone. 

Tom Riddle? So that's Voldemort's true name? You try to not look surprised from finding this information. Annoyed by his former name, Voldemort flicks his wand towards Draco to attack the boy. You manage to create a shield in front of everyone just in time. Nervously you swallow the saliva that builds in your throat as you glare at the man. 

Harry and Draco both stare wide eyed at Voldemort's quickness despite being battered up. Draco mutters a quick thank you under his breath. "A quick girl." Voldemort smirks. His smile towards you sends you chills beyond belief. You wish to wipe that smile off his face quickly. "Maybe I'll go after you first. I'm sure your death will rile up these two boys and make a better fight for me." 

Voldemort cackles, he continues to speak. "After all, you're the reason my plans are ruined. If you didn't exist, Draco would've listened like a good boy." Your brows furrow together from hearing Voldemort's words. He speaks as though Draco is like a dog.

The three of you in unison begin to attack Voldemort using the spell Expelliarmus. "You talk too much!" Draco angrily shouts out. Beams of light begin to shine from the three wands. But Voldemort also casts the same spell, shooting his own beam of light. 

"THERE'S NOT ENOUGH HATRED IN THE THREE OF YOU." Voldemort shouts loudly, echoing the vast field. Hatred. One of the most powerful emotions. But there are other powerful emotions as well. 

As cheesy as it sounds, love and friendship is just as strong. "WE DON'T NEED HATRED. I'VE LEARNED THAT." Draco shouts out. The boy takes a step forward towards Voldemort. You and Harry both stare at Draco in bewilderment. Anything can happen to Draco from his forwardness. 

You and Harry both muster to step forward as you feel Voldemort's strength push you back. "You're so blinded by hate and anger. So was I. The feeling eats at you until you're hollow." Draco continues to speak towards Voldemort. You stare at Draco's back. For a moment you admire his bravery. The boy is always quick to run away from his problems in the past. "But those negative emotions can only fuel you for so long Voldemort!" Draco shouts with his entire chest. 

Voldemort grows angry just hearing Draco talk down on him. The powerful wizard screams which causes his strength to push the three of you back. There's little distance made. Harry grits his teeth and you squint your eyes from the harsh winds. In the distance are your comrades watching the battle unravel. From what you can tell there is not a single person who's not injured. 

Your heart is restless when you think of the possible deaths. Everyone's sacrificed their lives for this moment. For the end of Voldemort. Tears begin to fall from your eyes as you force yourself to move forward. "You need to let go of your grudge Voldemort! Your life ends today!" Harry takes two steps forward, shouting with his eyes glaring at the pale skinned man. 

Voldemort begins to lose his footing as the three of you make great distance forward. With your emotions combined evolving, Voldemort begins to falter. There's obvious strain when the man tries to move forward. The injuries caused by Dumbledore must finally be taking effect as Voldemort's adrenaline fades out. "YOU KIDS ARE DELUSIONAL. BRAINWASHED BY YOUR PROFESSORS TO THINK YOU CAN MANAGE TO TAKE ME DOWN." Voldemort shouts out as he finds himself losing.