☾ 15 | Over the moon

A month has passed. You've gotten readjusted to your usual classes. You also find yourself spending most of your time alone. A book in your face is usually how people find you. Luna checks up on you every now and again when she's not off wandering by herself. The trio Gryffindor's have been busy with their own troubles.

Everyone's focusing on themselves until tonight. Tonight is Christmas day and the same day as the Yule Ball. Your eyes glow as you wear a tiny smile towards Luna. The dirty blonde haired girl twirls in her dress. "How do I look Y/N?" Luna rests her eyes on you with a smile. 

You walk over to Luna to offer her the white glitter star shaped earrings she's forgotten about. "Perfect once you put these on. I'm sure Neville will find it hard to keep his eyes off of you." Luna wears a beautiful spangled silver dress with intricate ruffles that stops at her knees. The hems of the ruffles are glitter. The color looks beautiful against her complexion. 

Matching her earrings, her flats also have the same star design as a décor in the center. The black pantyhose she wears do little to keep her warm but at least her legs are not completely naked. Luna puts on the finishing pieces before twirling again with a smile. "Ta-da!" Luna hums out. You giggle at her for being adorable. 

The two of you hurry out of the common room. Luna had helped you into your dress before getting herself put together. You wear a long blue A-line spaghetti strap evening dress. The dress speckled with glitter at the hems of each layer of the dress while it's sheer on the sides of the top half. The back is tied by a corset and jeweled flowers sit on the waist.

 The back is tied by a corset and jeweled flowers sit on the waist

You bring a fluffy white shawl to keep you warm. It is winter despite how warm it feels in the common room. But you're afraid the shawl won't keep you warm enough if you plan to slip away. You accessorize yourself with simple diamond earrings you've kept with you from your mothers jewelry collection. Your hair is curled with a simple white bow clipped to the back of your head. And low heels with a matching bow design as your hair clip. 

You never ended up having a date. No one had asked you. But you try to not let that bum you out too much. Today is still a night for you to enjoy the moment. Whether you have a date or not. It's still a moment for you to see everyone dress up and enjoy themselves. A night where everyone can enjoy their youth despite the several tribulations every student has gone through the past few years.

Several students begin to make their way towards the Yule Ball. Many waiting for their date at the entrance. Neville is nervously standing off to the side with a bouquet of flowers in his hands. He seems to be rehearsing something under his breath. You find his nervousness adorable. Luna is smiling from ear to ear when she spots him. 

"Off you go princess." You give Luna a gentle nudge forward. Before leaving your side Luna grabs ahold of your hands. The two of you look at one another with kind eyes. Luna gives your hands a squeeze. 

"If you need anything, just come looking for me. Promise?" Luna wears a more serious look when she speaks to you. The last thing you plan to do is bother Luna on a night like tonight. But you nod anyway. Luna pulls her hands away after giving yours another squeeze.