☾ 23 | You called

Time is passing by quickly. More quickly than Snape anticipated. With the state of the season, finding the ingredients becomes tricky. The man grumbles under his breath when he recalls Lucius's remark. The timing of using the potion on Y/N is seamless. To the effects and the scarce season for foraging the ingredients for a remedy.

It's been three months now. With the changing season from long winter to rainy spring. Next month will be summer and the final challenge. Snape's been busy with the remedy that he hasn't checked up on Draco often. The boy seems to look more mature as the months pass. He must be diligently practicing and preparing for the upcoming war.

The sheer thought still bothers Snape. None of the students here should be worried about such affairs. But they are forced to. Snape recalls his earlier youth. Those times are much more peaceful compared to their youths. Snape silently focuses on stirring the cauldron as he watches the color change.

He follows his recipe to the exact dot. There's no room for mistake. Especially when Snape doesn't have extra ingredients to do so. The color of the potion changes about fourteen times. It's been awhile since Snape's made such a tedious potion. He holds his breath in for the final step.

After waiting thirty minutes, Snape removes the cauldron from the heat and let it to cool. Once this is cool he can bottle them up and fetch Draco. For now he will clean up. Snape lingers in his thoughts about everything going on. There will be a time where he needs to explain everything to both Harry and Draco. He only hopes he will be alive to tell them.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

Draco looks out at the orange pink sky from the astronomy tower. He finds himself coming here a lot more than usual. Maybe it's because this very spot gives him comfort. Draco can be with his own thoughts no matter how chaotic they can be. But they all disappear when he looks at the scenery before him. Draco replays the moment he shared dancing here with Y/N during the night of the Yule Ball. 

He's unsure what went through Y/N's mind that night. But it definitely broke him when he saw her tear stained face. Draco hopes Y/N will wake up before the last challenge. Something deep within him believes their lives will change dramatically in the next month. Draco exhales to himself, his eyes falling to the potion in his hands. 

The love potion the two made together is always kept close by his side. Draco twirls the bottle between his fingertips. A gentle breeze rustles through his white-blonde hair. Draco slips the bottle away to look out at the sunset a moment longer before heading down for dinner at the dining hall. Not like he has much of an appetite anyway. 

"Draco." A low voice calls out to Draco from the top of the staircase. Draco turns around to see Snape. The boy curiously looks at the man who remains rooted to his spot. Snape reveals a potion before him and Draco seemingly understands from the silence. The remedy! Snape's managed to finish the remedy!

Draco hurries over to Snape, gingerly taking the bottle from the man. "She obviously won't be able to swallow the content of the potion. So smear the potion against your lips. Kiss her and she should wake up." Draco intently listens to Snape's instructions. 

But then the boy grows nervous and flustered. "Kiss her? This sounds like a fairytale Snape." Draco sounds baffled with his brows furrowed together. Snape makes no change in his blank expression.

"Do you want to wake her up or not?" Snape responds curtly. Draco purses his lips and swallows the saliva that builds in his mouth. Nodding his head, Draco parts his lips to speak up again. "Thank you professor Snape. Should we get going then?"

Snape raises a brow to Draco's suggestion. "We?" Snape points out the singular word. Draco looks at Snape as if Snape is the idiot. Nodding his head, Draco points to the potion. "Do you not want to see if this works?" Draco mutters.