☾ 18 | Going to the enemy

Two weeks have passed and students who left Hogwarts have returned from their winter break. After the night you were attacked by a Dementor you sent a letter to Snape back at Hogwarts. You weren't sure he would respond. But Snape was the only person you could think of to help you return to Hogwarts. You were too afraid to travel alone.

At least at Hogwarts you are protected. The protective shield over the school kept the Dementors out. You stare out at the sky with a glare from the astronomy tower. There's more Dementors looming out now. You feel as though they are staring directly back at you. A touch on your shoulder gives you a freight.

Your wand presses against the persons chest. "Are you alright?" Draco stands before you, his breathing heavy as though he ran up the several flight of staircases like a mad man. Draco's hand doesn't leave your shoulder. His light-grey eyes looking you up and down. "You're not hurt are you?" Draco speaks louder, his eyes finally meeting yours. 

Why is Draco worried about your well being? It's not as though you told him anything. Someone must've told Draco. Professor Snape maybe? You lower your wand from the boy and pull yourself away from Draco by stepping back. 

Seeing his reaction, maybe Draco will be fooled if the Dementor managed to capture you. "Who told you." You speak curtly with a serious gaze directed towards Draco. Draco's eyes widen momentarily before he returns to his usual cold glare. Draco's own feelings got the better of him and exposed him. 

You don't expect an answer from Draco. You make sure your back is against the Dementors. There's no telling who is actually watching you both right now. But there must be someone keeping an eye on Draco. With your back to the Dementors, they won't be able to read your lips. You only pray there's no one listening in from the walls.

"I don't know what's going on but we can't be seen together Draco. They'll use me against you. That I know for sure. Otherwise you wouldn't be here right now flustered over a nobody like me." Your eyes lower from Draco's unwavering expression. The boy is trying his best to not reveal his true emotions. Especially after hearing your statement.

That's when you notice the bandages on his left and right hand. Concern plasters on your face and Draco hides his hands behind his back from you. You raise your eyes back to Draco. What has he been up to during winter break? You then notice even more bruises. One in particular is a cut on his bottom lip. 

You didn't notice any of this before because of the earlier startle. "Not right now." Draco speaks up in a clear voice. What does that mean? Is he stating he'll tell you at another time? You don't press him for more answers.

Seeing as the conversation is ending, you look at Draco one last time before walking past the boy. You whisper something under your breath loud enough for him to hear. "I'm a little scared." There's no use in hiding the truth from Draco. You answered his previous question honestly before walking down the spiraling staircase.

Draco remains rooted to his spot. It's hard for him to not turn around and chase after Y/N after her answer. The day Dobby informed Draco that Y/N was no where to be found in her home sent Draco into a mass panic. She was not frequenting the foster care either. Dobby pinpointed her location once he had the free time and informed Draco that she's returned to Hogwarts.

He didn't hear the entire conversation but from what Dobby did hear, Y/N was attacked by Dementors. Draco glares at the Dementors who float in the far distance of the sky. They work for Voldemort. Which only means their patience is dwindling into a fine line. But Draco's far from strong. 

Two weeks is barely a scratch for him to become a powerful wizard to go up against Voldemort and his army. Draco clicks his tongue, frustration bubbling in his chest. Not only does he have more to stress over, the second challenge is just around the corner. The only concern Draco has right now is to ease Y/N's worry. But he can't do this alone anymore.