Over the Spider Lilies

Start from the beginning

"I hear you've kept my sweet pea awfully happy!" Sengoku laughed and shook Law slightly, making the young man's eyes unfocus. "You seem like a good guy for her! That's good! I was worried I'd have to wallop you!"

You giggled and patted Sengoku's arm. "Grandad, Law is not fond of being manhandled. Put him down."

Sengoku's booming laugh rolled across the ground and placed Law's feet back on the ground before releasing him. The world spun around your lover and Law held his head, muttering about going to get the suitcases in bewilderment. You smiled and watched him go, turning back to Sengoku as he led you inside.

"So you like him?" You asked with a hopeful lilt.

"He's a good kid, I can already tell. Maybe a little rough around the edges and a bit grumpy though." Sengoku chuckled and pulled a new box of rice crackers from the cabinet, offering you a few before he started munching on his own. "I wanna have a good talk with him later, but as long as he treats you well, that's what's more important."

You beamed. The worst had passed. Honestly, you had been a little nervous about introducing Law to Grandad as well. Grandad was pretty protective, not in an intense sort of way, but he was an ex cop. Most of your ex boyfriends were people that Grandad was not super fond of. Having Grandad say that he was okay with Law was like taking a breath of fresh air. You could finally relax.

You turned as Law came in, backpack on his back, one suitcase wheeled behind him, and another suitcase over his shoulder. Part of you wanted to go help, another part of you was too busy admiring the muscles that peaked out from the bottom of his shirt and flexed in his arms.

"Where should I put these?" He asked, flicking steel eyes between you and Sengoku.

"Down the hall and to your left is the guest bedroom." Sengoku said. He flicked a cracker at the goat who caught it and munched away. "If there's a seagull in there, just shoo it out. He'll come find his spot in the kitchen."

Law tilted his head, a little perplexed why there would be a seagull in the house, but he didn't question it. He continued down the hall, leaving you and Sengoku to continue chatting.

"What have you been up to, Grandad?" You asked and nibbled on your fried rice cracker. The flavor was very nostalgic and brought back memories of you running around, chasing after the goat and seagull as a child.

"Ah Garp's been pestering me. You know how he is." Sengoku chuckled. "Apparently his grandson is causing some ruckus in the city near you. Nothing too big, but enough that he made the paper."

"Is he some kind of political figure?"

Sengoku looked hesitant. "You could say something like that. A lot more informal though. His is a profession that requires bodyguards though he tends to act as his own far more than let anyone else do the job for him."

"Oh speaking of bodyguards!" You threw a warm smile at the aging man across the counter from you. "I got to see Sabo this month! He came over for a birthday party with Nami. I was so surprised to see him."

"Oh that kid." Sengoku's eyebrows furrowed. "I remember him. A little trouble maker along with Ace. I hope he didn't damage the house."

You left out a tired sigh with a grin. "Grandad, you know Sabo means well. He's never damaged my house. Unlike Law and Isha." You rolled your eyes skywards. "Last year was a glitter bomb that caused Law and Isha to get into a little scrap. They damaged the coffee table and then when both of them got thrown outside, Isha fell and broke the porch railing and Law got tackled against the house and broke some of the paneling. Along with all the damages, Law was glittering like a pixie for three days afterward. It was a mess. I still keep finding glitter."