Jungkook was a bit sad, wanted to know his name at least. A few seconds later, the boy emerged again, holding something in his hand. Jungkook watched how the boys wet hand placed something into Jungkook's, holding them up to his lips with the hard thing in his hand. His mouth fell open as the boy started to sing a melody with the most beautiful voice Jungkook has ever heard, singing right into the thing in his hand. The melody was calming; vibrating through his bones.

As he ended it, he closed Jungkook's hands, smiling at him. "This is my gift for you. Keep it always by your side." Jungkook opened his hands curiously, seeing a little mother-of pearl shell, gleaming in beautiful rainbow colours in the sun. Jungkook looked up. "How did you know it's my birthday?" "It's your birthday?" the merman asked fondly. Jungkook nodded. "I didn't know that. It's my gift for you, because you saved me. Keep it close to you, let it remember you that you saved someone's life."

Jungkook's little chest puffed out, filled with pride. He smiled. "Who are you?" "Taehyung", the pretty boy smiled. "Are you a fish?" The older boy chuckled. "I'm a siren. A merman."

"Jungkook?" they heard suddenly a voice. Jungkook looked at the siren, who, quickly dived under, disappearing. "Oh my god, Jungkook!" Jimin quickly ran down as he saw the shivering wet boy sitting at the edge, hugging his little brother, screaming for help.

&&&

14 years later –

Jungkook was lying on his bed, holding his little shell between his fingers, flickering it through the little sunlight that shone through the window, letting all colours gleam beautifully on its pearly surface. He hummed the melody dreamily; and was about to press his little treasure on his ear, as the door of his chamber flew open, and Jimin stormed inside. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY; JUNGKOOKIE!!!" he jumped on top of him, while Jungkook shrieked, letting the shell fall, that bounced back on the chain it was attached on around his necklace.

"Jimin! Oh my god!", he laughed, pushing his brother a bit away; for air and to prevent that his little necklace will shatter under his weight. Jimin almost fell down, but his well-trained skills, made him stand on his feet smoothly.

"Is this how a soon to be king behaves?", Jungkook teased him. "Oh, come on! Let me for once have some fun. It's your twentieth birthday!" "I know", Jungkook smiled, grabbing his shell again rolling it between his pointy finger and thumb.

Jimin raised an eyebrow. "Don't tell me you will spend your birthday at the beach again. Alone?" Jungkook sighed. "I will attend the party and-" he looked up to Jimin, grimacing a bit as he supressed his smile.

"Are you still holding onto that?" "It was on my birthday...", he mumbled, looking back on his pearly shell. "It was a fever dream you had after falling into the water" ,Jimin stated. Jungkook closed his eyes. "it was not a dream. I can still hear his song in here" ,he pressed the shell to his heart. "You had really bad fever, were sick for a month almost, always talking in your delirium how a merman saved you."

Jungkook sighed. He can't bring Jimin to believe him. Never could. Since no one heard the melody. No one hears it.

Beside him.

"Now, don't be an oily mushroom, bum around in the dark, come out!" He dragged his brother up, who sighed again. "Wash up, quickly!" Jungkook chuckled. "How can you be more excited for my birthday than I am?" "How can you not be excited?" Jungkook walked up to the porcelain Jar with warm water in it, pouring himself some into his big white bowl, dipping the towel beside inside.

"I AM excited. Just...not in the same way you are." Jungkook washed his face, smiling at his brother through the mirror in front of him. Jimin raised his eyebrow. "You mean, you're just excited to see your imaginary friend again?" Jungkook smirked, drying his face with the towel.