After a light jog to the bus station, you managed to catch the bus just in time. You stepped on and gave the driver a little smile as you slipped some coins in the slot before going to find a seat. The ride wasn't too excessively long and you helped it pass by faster by putting your airpods in and listening to your music along the way. The music helped you daydream and normally this would push through your writer's block, but your mind was too preoccupied with your worries over Law. You really hoped the time spent with Perona and Nami would help.

Arriving in the city, you made your way through the crowd until you came upon the large front steps of the city hall. A girl with long pink hair and a big black sun hat stood leaning against the railing in her long black gothic dress as she scrolled on her phone. A guy approached her and seemed to be shyly asking for her number, but she just gave him a look of disgust and dismissed him. You approached her as the guy scampered off, looking quite embarrassed.

"Perona!" You waved at her and she turned, her dark eyes lighting up. "I feel like we haven't met in ages."

Perona came over and wrapped you in a delicate hug. "(Y/n)! It feels like ages because it has been ages!" She whined. She frowned and gave you a subtle pout. "You completely missed me almost burning down the kitchen!"

You and Perona had been friends since childhood. Living with Grandad meant you knew most of the guys on the force he was close to and that included Mihawk, who would sometimes offer his services to them. Due to this, you came to know and quickly befriend Perona, his adopted daughter. Her life had been complicated; her biological father, Moria, being tossed in prison for some crime committed or other and rather than sending her to foster care, Mihawk agreed to take care of her. Perona still loved Moria, but she'd come to love Mihawk just as much and having two dads that seemed to adore her to bits resulted in Perona being quite spoiled. Still, she'd improved her bad attitude significantly since she was little and now she wasn't nearly as insufferable, if still just a bit picky.

"What?!" You exclaimed wildly. "I thought you were a good cook?!"

"I am!" Perona shouted and threw her hands up, ignoring the stares she received. "But Kumancy caught fire! And I panicked and threw him! And then the chair cushions caught fire from Kumancy! AND IT WAS AWFUL!"

You had to stifle a laugh from the woman's miserable screech. Perona never went anywhere without her giant patchwork plush bear and the thought of her accidentally setting him on fire was quite humorous. "What happened then? Did you get in trouble with Mihawk? Is Kumancy okay?"

Perona looked ready to collapse. "Kumancy is banned from the kitchen! BANNED, I tell you! Mihawk was so mad he refused to get me any bagel sandwiches for a WHOLE WEEK! It was awful! Horrid!" She sobbed. "Mihawk fixed Kumancy though. I thought he was a goner for sure, I was getting ready to throw myself from the stairwell balcony!"

"That really does sound like a tragedy. I'm glad he's okay." You smiled and giggled. Perona's knack for over exaggerating things was still amusing after all these years.

"So that's who I heard yelling all the way from the park."

You turned and beamed at the busty redhead. "Nami!"

"Hi (Y/n)! Don't you look so cute in his hoodie." Nami smiled. She turned a little hesitantly at Perona. "Hi Per-"

"Are you and Zoro dating?" Perona blurted out, staring at Nami with an accusing look.

Nami looked bewildered. "Huh?! No! Not in a million years. That guy couldn't find the end of a paper bag with the directions tattooed on his hands." She huffed and put her hands on her hips. "I'd rather stay single forever than be with a guy like him!"