"Tuesday at four". A grimace graced Donovan's face. That would clash with his meeting. An important meeting he had been trying to secure for months now.

"What, you can't make it?". She asked, noticing the look on his face.

"I've got an important meeting one I can't reschedule any further.  Can't you move it to an earlier time or the next day?". He asked.

"No I can't. That's the only time I'm free that week ". She told him, "You will have to make time or Angelo can come with". She stated.

"Angelo?". He stiffly jerked his head back, having a hard time accepting that Angelo and Cheyenne were spending too much time together.

"Why him? Can't anybody but him come with you?". He questioned

"As I mentioned earlier, I don't have any family nor friends either. So I have no one I can go with". The frown deepened on Donovan's face. He felt sympathy for her. He intensely studied her for a long while, trying to come up with a plan.

"Can you please stop staring at me like you want to eat me". She softly stuttered, pulling the throw over her body as a cold chill invaded her body.

"I will see you on Tuesday ". He abruptly stood up and fixing himself up, ignoring her. His AP diamond watch glistened in the moon light.

"Okay". Cheyenne's eyes trailed from his head to his toes, noticing how tall and muscled up he was compared to her.

"Lock your doors too". He said, back turned towards her. Hearing no answer, he walked out.

☘︎

Water dripped down his tensed muscles but he did not feel as relaxed as he thought he would be. After the conversation with Cheyenne, Donovan headed back to his place.

The conversation with Cheyenne went quite well and he wasn't expecting her to be so understanding especially after their last encounter but he was glad she had given him a chance.

He knew he had to step up regarding his responsibility.  He knew he made his bed when he slept with her without protection and having a baby was the furthest thing in his mind. He didn't think he even wanted kids because he never envisioned a future with them in his fucked up world, especially not after his last relationship.

He shut the faucet off and stepped out the shower, wrapping a towel around his waist. He let his body air dry and walked out his ensuite bathroom.

"Hello Donovan ".

The sultry voice caught his attention. Donovan furrowed his brows in confusion as the light was dim and only the moonlight shined in the room.

He grabbed his remote on the dresser and passed on it making the lights lit up in the bedroom.

Blond hair graced her head and her makeup was done to perfection outlining her almond shaped eyes. Her lips spread into a wide smile, showing her straight white teeth and red coated lips against her brown skin.

"It's so nice to see you again". She said, taking a stand from the edge of the bed. Her red dress clinging to her small assets like second skin. Long brown legs covered in red bottoms pointy toe stilettos.

A frown graced Donovan's face and his brows furrowed, showing distort. He was not expecting to see to her. She looked different, way different however the voice did not change.

Stella

"You not dead?". He breathed out. Scared to even speak and scared she would disappear like before into thin air.

He couldn't believe she was standing in front of him again. He felt like he was looking at a ghost. Well she was considered one.

"Is that what they told you?". She asked, now standing in front of him. Her perfume filled his nostrils. It was still the same; fruity yet with a hint of sandalwood.

Her being so closed to him just confirmed that she was not dead after all like he had been told four years ago.

"I-i saw you". He stuttered, flashbacks of the day of her funeral invaded his mind. The feelings of hurt and anger invade his body. How could they lie to him?

"Wrong body". She shrugged. His brows furrowed further and the frown deepened on his face from her statement.  She was careless about it. Almost like she didn't care

"Where have you been hiding?".  He took a step back, moving away from her body heat. He couldn't bare to be near her at this very moment.

"I thought you'd be happy to see me".  She said, a frown etching it's way on her face and ignoring his question. She looked beautiful as ever to him and different. Like a whole new person. The blond hair just enhanced her features and brought out her now blue orbs

"Happy to see you?". He scrunched up his face, "it's been four years since you've been supposedly dead and I'm supposed to be happy to see you?". He questioned through gritted teeth. He was trying to suppress his anger. His fist tighten on his side.

"We can pick up where we left off. Nothing has changed, really". He cast her a hard glare. His icy hazel green orbs burning into her own and his jaw clenched.

"It wouldn't be that hard, we love each other, remember?". She continued, taking  a step closer to him and trailing her manicured nail on his tattooed chest. He hated how his body reacted to her touch.

"Not anymore ". He managed to let out, trying his best not to lose control of his emotions.

This was someone whom he once loved dearly and would do anything for but time has passed and feelings have been suppressed

"Is there somebody else?". She asked, halting her movements and looking up at him. Donovan looked to the side, not really giving an answer. He didn't owe her anything, especially not after the emotional damage she had caused him for the four years she has been gone.

"You need to leave and I don't want to say it again". He firmly commanded, finally moving away from her grasp totally.

"We will be seeing each other soon". Stella stated, grabbing her purse on the bed. Her heels clicked on the hardwood floors till he heard a shut of a door

It was only then, he was finally able to breathe freely.

꧁꧂
thoughts??

Stella?

Donovan and Chienne?